Any good or bad words about the Elk C1M1 device and ElkLink service?

Looks like what DMP has been offering, though this is via Telular. Guessing that Telular is going to be releasing a commercially available version themselves.

Looks like it takes serial.

The product (http://www.isceast.com/en/Exhibitors/951040/ELK-Products-Inc/Products/845532/ELK-C1M1-Dual-path-Communicator) looks interesting. Maybe a partial competitor to Uplink 4500EZ(no dial capture). I wonder if 4G supported;  if Uplink/Telguard account is required (post seems to indicate no).

I am a little confused about the remote arm/disarm as this can be implemented using M12GO.

I haven’t gone to cellar yet because the Elk phone/voice interface will not work with Uplink. I do call my home and do some remote control, so the phone/voice control is important until I switch to some type of VPN/M12GO/E-Keypad alternative solution.

Looks to be on the Telguard 'network', but maybe managed through Elk somehow.  Maybe this is the ElkLink offering??  Not sure.  I was hoping that it would be announced as the CEDIA conference....

Does anyone have any updates? I am planning on cellular or dual path monitoring soon and I wanted to hear more about this before making a purchase.

A week or so ago, I called Telguard, which of course referred me to Elk, and then Elk.  

When I called Elk, I ended up talking to someone in sales (I think--but did not get a name).  I got the distinct impression that the C1M1 would not be available until the first quarter of 2016.  

I have signed up on Elk's website for notice when it is available since I am interested in dual path reporting. 

So if anyone is going to ISC West later this week, it would be much appreciated if you could gather and shed some light on Elk's C1M1 dual path communicator.....

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.

I'm running out the door, but here are some highlights about the C1M1 from the Elk webinar from the point of view of a user:

Soft launch is underway.  Distributors will get GSM in early August, CDMA submitted to Verizon for testing.

Telguard based.  Significantly faster that any dial capture or decoding unit.

First units are GSM then CDMA.

An "alternative" to the XEP--but can't have both.  They are also working with their third party developers to add support for existing iOS and android apps--support forthcoming hopefully in August.  There is supposed to be an IP port for interfacing with their partners--they mentioned Creston and others.  Supposed to work much like XEP does for integration, so I would hope I can continue to connect CQC to my M1.  There is a mini-USB port to allow direct connection.

85ma standby power, 230 ma max.

Must be mounted within 60 inches of M1 with 3 pin 232 cable.  If you can't do that, need to use extended remote antenna--Elk will offer one soon.  They suggest mounting in Elk can with antenna sticking out top of right side of Elk can.

Installation limited to professionals since you will need a Telguard account.  Need TAP account with Teleguard for fees.

Can still use telephone connection.

Gotta run...

WayneW said:
Has anybody gotten more info yet?  Are Martin or any AutomatedOutlet folks here?

We have arrived  ^_^

Webinar is now available online for free here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qw33xdbOy0&feature=youtu.be

TurboSam has a good explanation above, let me know if there are specific questions I can answer! Message me your email address if you'd like me to send you the slideshow.

Quick reference for the C1M1 and M1XEP:

CnbGAdIXEAA8PBI.jpg

Webinar says for professionals only because requires Telguard.  Could DIY use if cellular functionality was not activated?

Piasa said:
Webinar says for professionals only because requires Telguard.  Could DIY use if cellular functionality was not activated?

That's a good question.  

But why would you want to do that?  Speed?  

If you don't get/want cellular activated, why not just stick with an XEP and an internet monitoring company?  Add the eKeypad app to an XEP, and it looks to me like you have most everything the C1M1 offers (minus the cellular).  

Back