How to copy text into thread

rfeyer

I have been trying to copy text (PLC example code) into various threads, however, am not able to do so here.
I have been trying to copy text from WORD/ EVERNOTE etc either by ctrl-c or using the COPY from it's menus and then inside the thread tried CTRL-V or using either of the 3 PASTE icons (PASTE, PASTE as plain text, PASTE from Word) and nothing shows.

Any ideas?

TY
RAiner

I've heard this complaint in another forum in CCTech but I have no problem with copying and pasting text to these forums using both right-click-paste and ctrl-v

Mike.

Pasting doesn't work in this forum. The software has never been set up to accommodate most users.

The Windows GUI commands don't work. Either does clicking the "Quote" button on the forum.

None of the tools work except for the <> "code" one. If you click the "link" button you will be hung and have to reboot the forum.

This is not a new problem here.

Larry,

TY - question - how do you all get CODE into the threads? Do you really type everything?

Rainer

Here is a copy and paste of your message above -

Pasting doesn't work in this forum. The software has never been set up to accommodate most users.

The Windows GUI commands don't work. Either does clicking the "Quote" button on the forum.

None of the tools work except for the <> one. If you click the "link" button you will be hung and have to reboot the forum.

This is not a new problem here.

I find myself copy/pasting when I see the notification that there is a new entry to the thread... because I've seen that turn into double and triple posts. So, I'll copy my entry, refresh the page, and then paste my entry into the updated page.

I'm using Firefox 41.0.2, about to try in Chrome...

EDIT: No issues on Chrome either version 46.0.2490.71 m (pasted in version information, which is why it's a different font)

Wow,
way strange - I am using Win7, have tried Chrome and Exp11
Will install Firefox just for the heck of it (really don't like Chrome anyways) and see if that makes a difference.
Rainer

It occurs to me also that it could be caused by anti virus and/or anti malware software running on your machine.

EDIT

also browser settings

mikefamig said:
Windows 7 and Firefox here

Mike.

I also use Win7, Firefox and Chrome.  No problem quoting other posts or cutting and pasting with either browser.

I do have trouble with embedding images into a post, though. 

Here using Ubuntu / Firefox or Windows 10 / Edge or Firefox copying and pasting stuff all of the time.

An example of code pasting here using the formatting in the editing box.

Do you see the code editing box when you click on the "< >" above?

Every once in a while I do get asked for a validation.

I have no problems attaching images or using URL image links or uploading images and using the links to my uploaded images.  I wonder though too if it relates to the subscriber stuff?

#!/usr/bin/python

# Number of seconds between frames:
LAPSE_TIME = 30

# Name of truetype font file to use for timestamps (should be a monospace font!)
FONT_FILENAME = "UbuntuMono-B.ttf"

# Format of timestamp on each frame
TIMESTAMP_FORMAT = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"

# Command to batch convert mjpeg to mp4 files:
# for f in *.mjpeg; do echo $f ; avconv -r 30000/1001 -i "$f" "${f%mjpeg}mp4" 2>/dev/null ; done

import urllib
import sys, time, datetime
import StringIO
import Image, ImageDraw, ImageFont

class Camera:
def __init__(self, name, url, filename):
self.name = name
self.url = url
self.filename = filename

def CaptureImage(self):
camera = urllib.urlopen(self.url)
image_buffer = StringIO.StringIO()
image_buffer.write(camera.read())
image_buffer.seek(0)
image = Image.open(image_buffer)
camera.close()
return image

code2.jpg
code.jpg

RAL said:
I also use Win7, Firefox and Chrome.  No problem quoting other posts or cutting and pasting with either browser.

I do have trouble with embedding images into a post, though. 

For images, I've started to upload them to my gallery here on the forum (had issues with the free sites losing images and then the embedded link wouldn't work)... copying the image location, and using the Image tool from the toolbar, and pasting the link into there... I believe using the tool is the same as using IMG tags, but it keeps me from having to type them out manually.

Back