Can the ELK-M1KPNAV be used to stream video?

benze

Is there anyway to use the M1KPNAV for purposes of viewing something other than the keypad?  I would like to be able to use it/program it to stream video from a camera placed outside my door.  

I've looked quickly through the docs and don't see anything that would imply that this is at all feasible.  It seems as though it is just a fancy keypad.

Does anyone have experience with it?

Thanks,

Eric

I've installed 2 of them. There is no native support for any video features - it's just a TS keypad.

I wouldn't say it's impossible, but you'd have to hack it for sure...  but honestly, you wouldn't want too - the screen is too small!

drvnbysound said:
I've installed 2 of them. There is no native support for any video features - it's just a TS keypad.

I wouldn't say it's impossible, but you'd have to hack it for sure...  but honestly, you wouldn't want too - the screen is too small!

Shoot - that's a shame.  Was trying to think outside the box a little and see if I could somehow stream a video feed from a POE camera to the touchpad.  I figure I would already have a touchpad installed near the door, so would make for the idea platform.

My only other choice, I presume is to use some secondary screen?  Any ideas what that could be?

Thanks,

Eric

Back in the day it would be installing RM (I'd have to find the disc to verify the name) on any device that supported the Win CE OS and call it a day. M12GO maybe, on a Win platform.

DELInstallations said:
Back in the day it would be installing RM (I'd have to find the disc to verify the name) on any device that supported the Win CE OS and call it a day. M12GO maybe, on a Win platform.

I presume you mean to have the touchpad style interface.  But what about video streaming?  I don't see how that would help for displaying video at all.  Am I missing something?

Wall mounted iPad with eKeypad Pro could do both (IP camera viewing and Elk control) from a single app.

Having said that, I wouldn't REPLACE keypads with tablets...

Eric B said:
I presume you mean to have the touchpad style interface.  But what about video streaming?  I don't see how that would help for displaying video at all.  Am I missing something?
Windows CE OS would allow a browser or HTTP support, worst case, drag through using RTSP.....not really that hard.

Back