Elk M1 Start-up - reboot anomaly

OK, when my I reboot my system, all the zones on 1st expander report as being violated.  
This lasts about 45-60 seconds and then corrects itself.  This happens every time I re-start the system.

This began after I put the 2nd expander board online.  I'm bringing my motions and GB's online with the 2nd board, one at-a-time, and so far, I have not experienced any problems.

I use the DBH and have 2 keypads and 2 expansion boards connected so far.

No other zones are violated during the reboot...just all the zones on the 2nd board and then they are fine after 1 minute.

Any thoughts or suggestions???

My input expander behaves the same way when I cycle power on the system and I accept it as a normal part of the boot process because the system is working properly. 

I will be interested to hear if anyone else has seen this.

Mike.

Update...now both boards re-boot as violated and then self-corrected after less than 1 minute.  I'm running the latest firmware 5.3 something...

Normal. Part of the power up process and stabilization.

What would not be normal is if you had a power issue....you did perform calcs on the aux power, right?

I'm connecting and walk-testing motions one-by-one so I'm cutting power a lot --- I don't think I'm taxing the aux power --- I will check that as I bring more online.

I'll go with "normal power up process" because it doesn't last but 30-40 seconds and clears right up, thanks.

Yeah this is normal, there is a thread around here somewhere where Spanky explains how the boot up logic works and the reasons for it.

Back