Denon Avr-687 Soundwave XS speakers Rc-1048 Controller

Ttech68

Hello,
I'm having trouble with my Denon act-687 receiver and rear speaker activation on my 5.1 setup.
I have purchased new Boston sound wave xs speakers and installed them properly in my living room. loved the installation btw-highly recommend the easy install and hookup :); came with brackets for speakers all in one setup.
Anyways, I can't get the two back speakers to work or activate. I have both the front right and left activated along with the center and sub working. I've turned the zone two feature on still no luck with any sound from the rear two. Help please :) it's gotta be my receiver setup some how.

Ok :) I did get the zone two to activate and I do have sound coming out of all 5.1 speakers. It sounds great.
However, I would like to have all 5.1 synced together and not have to adjust the zone 2 by themselves all the time. It's annoying....how do I get all 5.1 to be on one volume control and not go back and forth between zone 1 and zone two to adjust the volume of the 5.1 system?
Thanks for any help and or suggestions. :)

With many Denon AVRs, a pair of internal amps can be assigned as either part of a 7.1 system or for Zone 2.  Usually, the amps are assigned to their purpose in Settings.

Because you have a 5.1 setup, your speakers may be connected to the wrong terminals, on the back of the AVR.

I would start with the 'Easy Setup Procedure', on page 7.

Looks like that Denon AVR supports automatic calibration, with an external microphone (hope you still have it).

Back