HAI Omni Pro II and Linear GD00z-4 zwave garage door control

dgreene

Does anyone have any experience with this unit/configuration?

I've successfully added schlage door locks to my zwave configuration, and they function properly.  The linear controllers seem to add but as unknown "?" devices. Its not detecting them correctly (no open/close/status) in the Vizia RF + Installer tool, and they won't work with the Omni Pro because they're not pairing correctly.

I've tried this: board.homeseer.com/showpost.php?p=1149025&postcount=25 without success

Any ideas?

Since nobody has responded i thought i would update the forum -

It seems that Levition's PIM and zwave software do not support certain classes, and they have no plans to add them.  So basically HAI's ability to work with newer zwave devices doesn't exist.  The bad thing is they don't disclose that their PIM or software isn't compatable with a broad range of devices.

I have however stumbled upon this potential solution:

Vera 3 connected via serial interface (replacing the leviton PIM) and using the vera 3 as the primary controller for the zwave network.

http://www.automationdistributors.com.au/image/data/PDFs/Omni%20Z-Wave%20Kit%20Flyer%20Mar%2015.pdf

Here are the installation instructions:
http://www.automationdistributors.com.au/image/data/PDFs/Installation%20Instructions%20for%20Omni%20Z%20Wave%20Interface%20UI7%20-%20Serial%20Connection%20Kit%20v1.3.pdf

Obviously if you are in the US, you have to buy the Vera3 from the US to get the correct frequency - but the plugin is available on vera's website, and you just need purchase the license from this automationdistributors company.

This will give the omni two way communication between your zwave modules/locks/etc and provide compatability with many other devices than previously offered by Leviton.

Any thoughts?

dgreene said:
Since nobody has responded i thought i would update the forum -

It seems that Levition's PIM and zwave software do not support certain classes, and they have no plans to add them.  So basically HAI's ability to work with newer zwave devices doesn't exist.  The bad thing is they don't disclose that their PIM or software isn't compatable with a broad range of devices.

I have however stumbled upon this potential solution:

Vera 3 connected via serial interface (replacing the leviton PIM) and using the vera 3 as the primary controller for the zwave network.

http://www.automationdistributors.com.au/image/data/PDFs/Omni%20Z-Wave%20Kit%20Flyer%20Mar%2015.pdf

Here are the installation instructions:
http://www.automationdistributors.com.au/image/data/PDFs/Installation%20Instructions%20for%20Omni%20Z%20Wave%20Interface%20UI7%20-%20Serial%20Connection%20Kit%20v1.3.pdf

Obviously if you are in the US, you have to buy the Vera3 from the US to get the correct frequency - but the plugin is available on vera's website, and you just need purchase the license from this automationdistributors company.

This will give the omni two way communication between your zwave modules/locks/etc and provide compatability with many other devices than previously offered by Leviton.

Any thoughts?
Unless Leviton has said it will work, because they make the end-device, or because they released a press released saying they are partnering with the third-party company, than don't ASSUME it will work.  Zigbee and Z-Wave are similar in that Leviton has partnered with a few third-party companies to make their solutions work.  Honestly Leviton only takes the time to do this when it is in their best interest.  I don't use Z-Wave, but with Zigbee, the Omni can control any load type device fine, and it can even display the power used by the device if the device supports it.  I have GE, Cree, and Smartenit Zigbee devices that are controlled perfectly with the Omni.  It also controls ANY Zigbee locks but doesn't support any extra features. The Omni supports Leviton's Zigbee thermostat (The Omnistat2) but i suspect it don't support other third-part Zigbee thermostats.

Now Zigbee motion detectors and sensors don't work. This is likely because the Omni is a UL device, and they just can't blindly support any type of sensor without certification. Zigbee temp sensors also don't work. These are something that could be easily supported, but Leviton hasn't spent any money to do so since there wouldn't be a benefit to them to do so.

So in the end, its like anything else, driven by money.

Back