Premise Builder Connection problem

Motorola Premise
I got very strange issue with connection after windows update.
My recent Premise setup based on Windows 10 Pro and after windows update that I installed (version 1511 probably), I can’t connect from Home Builder (got connection timeout).
I am trying to connect both locally and remotely from old windows XP laptop, but no luck.
But I can connect perfectly from IE (both locally and from any remote computer).
Premise service up and running and windows firewall switched off completely
Any ideas how to fix this problem?

It's not clear to me, but are you running builder on Win10 and trying to connect? If so, check the forum here, as someone else had the problem, as well

I think it had to do with security...

chucklyons said:
It's not clear to me, but are you running builder on Win10 and trying to connect? If so, check the forum here, as someone else had the problem, as well
I think it had to do with security...
Yes, correct, I running Premise server on Win 10, it's work perfect for few months, but after some Windows update I can't connect from builder, but can still connect from I.E.

Try turning off the firewall temporarily to see if that let's you in.  If it does, you will need to open up the firewall for Premise.

Recipe to fix connection problem:
  1. Stop Premise SYS Server service
  2. Open slserver.xdo in notepad
  3. Find ”ServerConfig” string and add UseSSL="0" like this: Class="sys://Schema/System/ServerConfig" UseSSL="0" ActiveCertificate="
  4. Save file and restart service
  5. Run builder as administrator

Red should be marked NC = no connection both on the instruction sheet and the label. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Back