PC Access Version 3.15.0.803 (17/December/2015) & Email Notifier Update Released

StarTrekDoors

PC Access Version 3.15.0.803 (17/December/2015)

- Omni Notifier firmware version 1.5 released:
  - Improved performance and stability.

- Added button to read and display firmware info on the Notifier setup page in PC Access (Note: Email Notifier firmware must be updated to v1.5 before this function will work within PC Access).

Due to speed limitations of the serial bus for the Email Notifier, technicians should expect the Email Notifier update to take approximately 40 minutes to one (1) hour to complete.

Email Notifier still doesn't work reliably as usual and results of clicking the new firmware check function in PC Access results in a popup window that looks like an error, but closing the popup shows the real info had actually been returned in the PC Access Version / MAC Address field (just below Enable Time Sync).

Attachments

• email-notifier-fw-1.5.png
    email-notifier-fw-1.5.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 14
StarTrekDoors said:
PC Access Version 3.15.0.803 (17/December/2015)

- Omni Notifier firmware version 1.5 released:
  - Improved performance and stability.

- Added button to read and display firmware info on the Notifier setup page in PC Access (Note: Email Notifier firmware must be updated to v1.5 before this function will work within PC Access).

Due to speed limitations of the serial bus for the Email Notifier, technicians should expect the Email Notifier update to take approximately 40 minutes to one (1) hour to complete.
Does the new FW work any worse than the last one?  I have never gotten the SSL to work and tried it with two different email systems.

If you count the fact the new features don't work, I might say worse.  Email has not worked since updating but we are waiting for a maintenance window to disconnect power and restart the OPII, which would resolve email problems with the last firmware.

I upgraded I think, and at least non-SSL email seems to work.  I should say I think because it took a very long time to upgrade, so I let the PC run overnight. In the morning it said "complete" but I still don't see the option to see the version so I'm not 100.00% sure its upgraded.  Also still can't figure out why the upgrade FW downloaded from the Internet in about 1/4 second, but it takes hours to load it on the card?  It must be running at 10 baud. I could have typed it in in binary faster.  :unsure:  The file is only 130kb. 

Let me try to download it again. Nothing shows up on mine under "time sync."  I'm guessing another row show up.

Once you update PCA to version 3.15.0.803, there is an option to read the version & MAC back from the e-mail board.

JonW said:
Once you update PCA to version 3.15.0.803, there is an option to read the version & MAC back from the e-mail board.
Yes, I thought I updated PCA, but I guess not. Once I did I do get the version and MAC address, but like StarTrekDoors I get the same box with the missing fields.  Leviton Quality Assurance at its finest.

Interesting.... Just updated the e-mail board for my LTe at work and it only took 35 minutes.  My OPII at home took about 55 minutes.

When I timed it it took an hour and 7 minutes.  Pro II.  320 baud by my calculations.  Wooow. 

So far two (2) email messages have gone out from the Notifier since applying the latest upgrade.  Unfortunately, there should have been sixty-one (61) so I guess "improved performance and stability" wasn't a fix and at least the old firmware yielded a few more messages at random than the new firmware.  Strangely, manually issuing a command to send email does seem to work, or at least it did when tested.

Additionally I've noticed the NTP time sync is no longer working reliably as the time seems to be deviating by minutes per day, so "improved performance and stability" must have been a typo for "degraded performance and reliability".

Time sync seems to be working on mine, as does non-SSL email.  SSL does not work.

StarTrekDoors said:
"improved performance and stability" must have been a typo for "degraded performance and reliability".
More likely "we had the intern do some updates and have no idea what he did."

It sounds like if email and time sync are working well, this is an update to stay far away from.

I don't seem to ever miss an email but I have noticed that sometimes they are delayed. Usually the delay happens if a lot of emails are generated in a short amount of time. One time my son just kept hitting Off and putting in his code. The email notifier sent me about 30 system disarmed messages but the last of them was about 20 minutes after he had stopped.

Thanks for the heads up.

longwa said:
It sounds like if email and time sync are working well, this is an update to stay far away from.

I don't seem to ever miss an email but I have noticed that sometimes they are delayed. Usually the delay happens if a lot of emails are generated in a short amount of time. One time my son just kept hitting Off and putting in his code. The email notifier sent me about 30 system disarmed messages but the last of them was about 20 minutes after he had stopped.

Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, I set up a counter on mine because its a bit dangerous not to have a limit. It should be built-in but its not.

GUYS --

Where did you find the updated firmware for the notifier board?  I cannot seem to locate it, unless it is in the OMNIPROII 3.15 firmware...?  

Jeff

Back