Haiku HH using Office365 mail?

2MuchTech

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Haiku Helper to use email notifications.  I use Office365 for my email (I think it's what Microsoft calls their "business" version of the service).  I know where to find the SMTP server information for my Office365 account, and I have successfully tested it with the native Mac OS email client (although OS X Mail seems to want to configure it as an IMAP account instead of a straight POP account).  Unfortunately I cannot get Haiku Helper to work with this email account.  I keep receiving the attached error when I try to send a test notification from HH.

Office365 expects the following for an SMTP connection:

Server name: smtp.office365.com
  Port: 587
  Encryption method: TLS

Has anyone been able to get HH email notifications working with an Office365 account?

Attachments

• HH SMTP error.png
    HH SMTP error.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 7
I set up a GMail account and entered my credentials into HH.  The first attempt generated a message from Google telling me an insecure messaging application was attempting to send email, and that GMail had blocked the attempt to protect my account.  After changing GMail to a lower security setting it allowed HH to send messages.  But... it's not successfully sending all of the messages.  I can see HaikuHelper Log file entries showing that it's "Sending e-mail with subject...", but only some of the messages actually make it to me.  I've looked in my Junk folders and I'm not finding the missing messages there, and if I go to the Sent folder in GMail, it's not listing them there either, so it appears some messages are never making it to the GMail server even though HH's log file says it sent them.

Does HH keep a record of errors during mail send attempts?  Any ideas how to resolve this?

I found some HH messages in the Diagnostic and Usage Messages section of the Console log, but I'm not sure they are related to failed attempts to send email.  I just ran several tests, and at least four of my tries failed to send an email even though HH's log file reports that it is sending an email.  I think the following log entry was written after one of the failed attempts to send an email, but I had more than one failed attempt, and yet there's only this one log entry.  I can't see any pattern to when it's successful vs when it fails.

1/18/16 7:53:51.986 PM HaikuHelper[65940]: com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.coretls.client_released
com.apple.message.signature: tls
com.apple.message.signature2: redacted_bundle_id
com.apple.message.value_events: 1
com.apple.message.summarize: YES
SenderMachUUID: A6A37209-382F-3174-80A7-DEBCD34BA78B

Back