Haiku Notification of a Bypass event?

2MuchTech

Is there any way in Haiku Helper to get an event notification when a zone gets bypassed or restored?  I don't see a specific onBypass() or onRestore() event in the Zone docs, and when I tried the generic onNotification() event I'm not getting anything.  Since Haiku updates its screen pretty quickly after a bypass or restore, I'm guessing there's some event generated by these actions.

Thanks.

So short of running some type of polling, is there any way of my code finding out that a zone has been bypassed?  If there's any event that signifies a change was made to a zone, I could check specifically for that condition and it would accomplish what I need.

I'm trying to run some code when a bypass occurs, and there are several different sources that can initiate the bypass.  One of them is Alexa via the Hue emulator via Haiku Helper's HTTP API.  Is there a way to run a function in the HH Script from the HH HTTP API (i.e. could I have Hue Emulator run a custom function that I write in the HH Script file)?

If there's no way to do this, will Space Helper have this event in the API?  If so, do you have an ETA on Space Helper?  And while on the subject... any update on when the next iteration of the Space UI is going to be available?  It's been awhile since the last update, but I assume you're still working on the new version... right?

Thanks.

Yes, you can run a function via the HTTP API. Its really easy, just call your function ;)

Ie. http://host.com:9399/api/yourFunction(555) (or you can HTTP POST it)

Whatever you pass to the API just gets evaluated and the result returned to you. You can include even a function or a bunch of code. But I do recommend doing a POST then, not GET via URL.

Still some time to go on Space/Helper. We have something big coming.

Back