Email issues

siafu

Hello all,

I ran into an issue with receiving notification emails from my boards.

Everything was working fine for several years, but I needed to change the photo light sensor up on the roof because there was a large fluctuation in the analog input reading, and I had this problem a few yers back and after changing out the light sensor all was OK, so I went up to do the same.

For some reason now both my Cai Webcontrol boards can't send emails, or should I say I no longer receive emails from the boards on activities that they are supposed to send emails.

It will not send emails if I do a test email from the web page's gui.

I kno9w the emails sending and receiving works fine as I did independent tests.

Are the boards over loaded with emails for some reason, backlog of some kind? IF yes, how do I clear those, as I reset the boards but still they do not work.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Were the WC boards sending email correctly up until you shut them down to change the sensors?
The reason I'm asking is because WC8 does not do SSL and most ISPs require email authentication to reduce spam.
Could the root cause be your ISP has changed email policy. This is the most likely reason since it is affecting
multiple WebControl boards.

I assume you have already double checked that nothing was changed on the WC email config.

There is a small email queue, three I think. I ran into an overflow problem debugging one of my projects, the WC
has limited resources and cannot buffer a lot of email. But even it that were the case at least some emails would
get sent.

/tom

Honestly I'm not sure what changed, but after a few hours emails are once again being send from both boards, with no changes to the configurations from me.

So all back to normal.

Thank you for the response, greatly appreciate it.

Siafu.

It is good to know you fixed the problem.  Depending on your email service provider, it could sometimes hold back sending when received similar emails in a short time.

Back