Leviton HAI ZIM device compatibility

pete_c

Guru
Just purchased a Leviton HAI ZIM model 8100A00-3WHZB

I have not installed it yet.

I do have Zigbee light modules and appliance modules that I have been testing here with the Securify devices (well three Almond's today).

I also have some wireless Zigbee devices which I assume will not work with the ZIM (IE: door switches, flood sensor, PIRs et al).

All of the current Zigbee devices here are Securifi Amazon sold devices.

I am posting here to start a list of validated HAI OmniPro ZIM working devices. 

pete_c said:
Just purchased a Leviton HAI ZIM model 8100A00-3WHZB

I have not installed it yet.

I do have Zigbee light modules and appliance modules that I have been testing here with the Securify devices (well three Almond's today).

I also have some wireless Zigbee devices which I assume will not work with the ZIM (IE: door switches, flood sensor, PIRs et al).

All of the current Zigbee devices here are Securifi Amazon sold devices.

I am posting here to start a list of validated HAI OmniPro ZIM working devices. 
The ZIM works with Home Automation profile door locks, and home automation load control switches, and the HAI home control profile thermostat.  It might work with other thermostats also, maybe.

Its not really a matter of what the ZIM will support, because it will pair with any home automation profile device. But the Omni only knows how to communicate with locks, switches and thermostats. It won't pair with Zigbee Light Link or Zigbee Smart Energy profile devices, only Home Automation profile and nothing that isn't a switch, thermostat, or lock.

Before you go to far, you might want to check the ZIM firmware version.  Did you buy it new?  I picked one up a while back that was older stock and hadn't been updated to recent firmware...  I was just reading an older thread from ano and a couple other people about ZIM firmware versions, so might want to look that up if you haven't already.

cobra said:
Before you go to far, you might want to check the ZIM firmware version.  Did you buy it new?  I picked one up a while back that was older stock and hadn't been updated to recent firmware...  I was just reading an older thread from ano and a couple other people about ZIM firmware versions, so might want to look that up if you haven't already.
Very very true. I just checked today and I'm running 15.03 HA.  This one works reasonably well.  If anyone knows of a better version, please write. If you need this one let me know and I can send it.  As far as I have seen, the Zigbee Updater never finds new firmware.

Thank you Cobra.

Yes purchased new.

I was confused with the model numbers and relating to the firmware stuff.

81A00-2WHZB Lumina RF Microcontrol

MicroControl functions as an energy management coordinator. Turn energy loads on or
off and view instantaneous consumption. Tabletop, bedside, or wall mount this display
to control selected Leviton Security & Automation controller, Omnistat2, and Load
Control Module functions. Includes two-way RF transceiver and plug-in power supply.

81A00-3WHZB Zigbee Interface Module (ZIM)

Wireless interface and coordinator for ZigBee ®
products. Plugs into serial port on  Leviton Security & Automation Omni or Lumina family controller and allows control of
Leviton Security & Automation Wireless Energy Management Components. Display helps setup and installation of wireless systems.
Uses ZigBee ® wireless communication. Six foot cable included. Powered by the Leviton Security & Automation Omni controller.

81A00-4WHZB Lumina RF MicroControl Companion

The Companion functions as a remote controller for the MicroControl. Multiple
Companions can be used–up to the 64 device limit of a MicroControl system.
MicroControl devices use ZigBee® wireless communication.

I installed the updater, ran it and said it didn't find any firmware but see the following firmware in the update directory.  So it came with the installation or downloaded it anyways.

04/22/2015  12:45 PM           188,160 HA_IHD_RADIO_V1503.zigbee
06/12/2015  01:26 PM           201,312 HA_IHD_V1500.zigbee
06/11/2015  09:37 AM           164,288 HA_LCM_RADIO_V1504.zigbee
06/12/2015  12:34 PM           189,824 HA_PCT_RADIO_V1504.zigbee
06/12/2015  01:24 PM           201,312 HA_RC1000_V1500.zigbee
11/12/2014  11:38 AM           201,312 HA_RC2000_V1500.zigbee
04/22/2015  12:44 PM           184,512 HA_ZIM_RADIO_V1503.zigbee
08/19/2015  09:03 AM           201,312 HA_ZIM_V15_03.zigbee

I think I am good to go?

Would love to acquire 15.03 HA for my 81A00-3WHZB if you still have it!

How do you install it?   :)

Would love to acquire these!

06/12/2015  01:24 PM           201,312 HA_RC1000_V1500.zigbee
11/12/2014  11:38 AM           201,312 HA_RC2000_V1500.zigbee
08/19/2015  09:03 AM           201,312 HA_ZIM_V15_03.zigbee

And how about plug in modules for lamps?

Do they work with Leviton's ZIM?

Testing a GE plug in and it doesn't fully work.  If I hit the button on the plug in module the light goes on & off and the status changes in the ZIM and all software.  But the module won't take any commands from the ZIM or the HAI system.

leeleses said:
And how about plug in modules for lamps?

Do they work with Leviton's ZIM?

Testing a GE plug in and it doesn't fully work.  If I hit the button on the plug in module the light goes on & off and the status changes in the ZIM and all software.  But the module won't take any commands from the ZIM or the HAI system.
There are many different protocols in Zigbee. To work with the ZIM, a device needs to support HA 1.2. And only switches, dimmers, and locks are supported.  Contact switches are not supported.  Unfortunately the Zigbee Updater hasn't worked in years. 

The GE plug in lamp module was a no go.

Then I purchased a Leviton DG15A-1BW Decora Smart Plug-in Outlet, Zigbee Certified and it works perfectly except for all on & all off.

All on & all off was easily fixed with 2 programming lines in the Omni -- if all off then Zigbee modules off.

And if all on then Zigbee modules on.

Now I ordered a Leviton Zigbee plug in dimmer for testing.

I ran the updater and it worked for me on 3/25/22.

It updated the 81A00, but then the display went blank.  I'm waiting to see if the ZIM comes back on as the HAI instructions say it will!

It's really a shame Leviton, HAI, or someone didn't make all the support info, manuals, and firmware available all on one Legacy website.

It was nice of Leviton to make PC Access 3 readily available for free.  At least they did that...

Installing the updater downloads the current firmwares to documents>HAI>Zigbee Updater on your computer

If anyone has this file I could use it!

Back