Photo
- - - - -

HAI OMNIPRO II 3.15 COMMUNICATOR TROUBLE - not working ?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 DELInstallations

DELInstallations

Cocoonut

• Professionals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5371 posts
  • Software:Custom
  • Hardware:Custom
  • Tech:ZigBee
  • Audio:Custom
  • Video:Custom
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:09 PM

If the panel is pushing out what the OP states as sounding like DTMF tones, it's not the panel most likely, say 99% certainty . The IPdatatel unit is a data capture unit, so this points to them being the issue. No compatibility issues if the OP didn't do anything to the HAI.

The issue is the 3rd party vendor here, IPdatatel or the VZW connection through IPdatatel.

#17 jeffwilliams

jeffwilliams

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:44 PM

As a follow up for anyone else using the ipdatatel devices, they rolled out a new firmware that was not compatible with the omnipro II and between me and the guys at alarm relay, we finally got it all back online! Ipdatatel was the culprit!

#18 mjimdaman

mjimdaman

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:34 PM

What did they have to do to fix this issue?  I am having the same issue.  Thanks in advance

#19 Madas

Madas

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

How is this working now? 

I'm about to switch from NextAlarm (with an ABN and a backup C3) to Alarm Relay and the IPDatatel.  Any advice?

Also - what are you paying Alarm Relay per month for the service?

Edited by Madas, 11 January 2017 - 01:56 PM.

#20 ano

ano

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3040 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II
  • Tech:UPB, ZigBee
  • Audio:HAI
  • Phone:Ooma

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:48 PM

How is this working now? 

I'm about to switch from NextAlarm (with an ABN and a backup C3) to Alarm Relay and the IPDatatel.  Any advice?

Also - what are you paying Alarm Relay per month for the service?

I switched about two months ago.  Alarm Relay suggested the IPDataTel, but it didn't work on my OPII. (Del will also point out its not UL listed.)  I sent it back and they sent me the TG1-Express, which does work.  This is cellular only and costs about $19/month I think. It seems to work fine. Alarm Relay will send you an AT&T model even if you ask them to send Verizon. AT&T is not the greatest here, but I guess it works good enough.

Alarm Relay seems to be reliable, but the alarm has never gone off, so you don't really know. I like how you can view your account with NextAlarm and put your system in test. There is none of that with Alarm Relay. You have to call them for everything. My NextAlarm ABN conked out and I wanted to try something different. 

#21 Madas

Madas

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

They told me using the IPDataTel will be $16.95/m but the TG-1 service would be $23.95/m

I wonder if I have to try the IPDateTel - then when it fails they switch you over at that rate?

#22 ano

ano

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3040 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:03 PM

They told me using the IPDataTel will be $16.95/m but the TG-1 service would be $23.95/m

I wonder if I have to try the IPDateTel - then when it fails they switch you over at that rate?

It doesn't hurt to try it. They paid for postage to send it back, and didn't charge me extra for the TG-1 Express.

For me it would connect the first time, but after that nothing. A power reset would give another connection.  If you try it. make sure it keeps working several times in a row.

I thought it was $16.95 and $19.95  I'm sure I'll hear about the $23.95 at renewal time.

Edited by ano, 11 January 2017 - 11:05 PM.

#23 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 7941 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Main Lobby, Open Source Automation
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II, Mi Casa Verde Vera, Ocelot
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, UPB, INSTEON, Z-Wave, ZigBee, 1-Wire, xAP, xPL, ALC
  • Audio:Russound
  • Video:MythTV
  • Phone:Asterisk, FreePBX, Ooma, POTS, VoIP via ISP

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

Here like that NextAlarm sends me reminders to test panel / communications.

#24 DELInstallations

DELInstallations

Cocoonut

• Professionals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5371 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:33 AM

Here like that NextAlarm sends me reminders to test panel / communications.

You don't automatically have periodic test reporting on your devices? They don't flag late to test and notify?

#25 ano

ano

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3040 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

When I had NextAlarm they turned on open/close reporting, but didn't want weekly tests. Assuming you come and go some, that seemed OK, but if you go on vacation a few months, not very good, but if it fails when your away, probably not much you can do anyway. The NextAlarm web page reported your alarm state, so that was good.

Alarm Relay had me turn on open/close reporting AND turn on the weekly test for the time of my choosing. Next Alarm doesn't have a web page that I know about, so I'm not sure why they want the open/close reporting. Maybe so they can see if I shut off the alarm shortly after a false alarm.

#26 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 7941 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

You don't automatically have periodic test reporting on your devices? They don't flag late to test and notify?

No.  Just Next Alarm reminders to test and did have auto reporting configured or as Ano mentioned on by default.

There is a Next Alarm web page that provides:

FAST (Fully Automated Sensor Telemetry)

This chart is a Real-Time indicator of all of the zones in your alarm system, and whether or not each zone is open, or else in an alarm status. Please note that only the NextAlarm Abbra 2 ® is capable of reporting real-time information about the open or closed status of a sensor. This screen automatically updates every 15 seconds with the latest information.

#27 DELInstallations

DELInstallations

Cocoonut

• Professionals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5371 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

That's funny stuff.

NFPA mandates that all fire alarm systems must have a periodic dialer test every 30 days (and no this is not a commercial requirement) and O/C doesn't cover it. The only caveat the CS' have is the amount of signals at any given time hitting the line cards and the possibility that X amount of accounts hitting their line cards and hunt groups at the same time may result in a busy signal or missed test (LTT), but then again, the more recent panels randomize their dialer test within an hour window of when the report is scheduled and the same is true for the automation portion of the CS.

O/C reporting is an odd requirement unless they're looking for a CYA for usage of the alarm system, which is possible since they're the monitoring dealer and have no verification your system operates properly.

Scary the liabilities they open up.

#28 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 7941 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Here while I have configured my Smokes / CO detectors to separate zones on the OP2 panel.

My confidence level wasn't high enough yet as I wanted to add more zones (3 only were set up) so left them in supervisory mode.

I get a reminder email every month to test and I do but there is no automatic testing configured.

Attached File  monitor.jpg   15.3K   1 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users