Walk-Through level announcements, observed behavior

BaduFamily

I am looking at a transmitter loss log alert and decided to try the walk-through with level announcements.

I find a handy keypad, do Elk -> 3 and start a walk through.

I go to the reported lost transmitter, and trigger it by opening the door.
I get the announcement that the zone is open, and then these announcements

Level 4... a few moments
Level 1... a few more moments, nothing

I close the door

Level 3... a few moments pass - infact enough time for me to walk back to the computer
Level 7

I didn't know there were going to be multiple level announcements.

Question: is this the anticipated behavior?

I also see via the ElkRP Status window that the door is still reporting as being violated

Question: Is there any way to get a log of a walkthrough results from ElkRP? ( I would think this would be necessary for large installations. In my case it would be useful for testing exterior motions )

After reading your post I looked at the M1 installation manual and you just made me aware of the walk through feature. In the past I've tried to mute or otherwise test an alarm situation but I had no idea that there was a walk through feature.

Let us know what you learn about it.

Mike.

You're referring to this section ( p8 in the PDF I found, GE compatible system ):
[SIZE=10pt]IMPORTANT: Because the Receiver counts all valid data packets received over a 10 second time window, it is possible to occasionally hear a number that is much higher than the number you might expect to hear from a particular sensor. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]This can occur when multiple transmitters on a site happen to transmit at the same time as the one being tested. [/SIZE]

( emp added )

could well be. too bad the TX id isn't announced as well as the level.

Part of walk testing. Trip sensor then wait 10 seconds. Not something that can really be done with an active site.

I understand about walk testing on an active site; it would be very 'noisy.'

however in this site I was the only occupant, and I'm pretty sure I was the only one triggering anything.

Depending on your proximity to your nearest neighbor, it could be them too, as well as normal supervisory check-ins.

I suspect the supervisory check ins, myself, except for the non-clustering.
Next time I'm here solo I'll turn on walk through and listen for random transmit level announcements.

That's why appending the TX Ids to the announcements would of been smart.
where the LogLevel = Debug on this thing ;)

The functionality isn't really needed....I'd rather Elk spend the memory on something else. Remember, they'd have to include ALL the ESN variables that could be programmed in, and decide if it's going to be hex or the DL ID (GE) or Honeywell's version. Which native one would really work in the field? That's 3 different possible values that would need to be dynamically linked to the system depending on which unit you have installed, even more so if you mix Caddx RF, old ITI, and Honeywell.....ITI never provided their ESN's nor did many GE units.

Without knowing how many RF devices you have and what's going on at any given time, you're probably seeing supervisory check in signals being announced as well.

Your loss report and strength that are being reported all indicate either a poor RF receiver location or a device being blocked. Reorient the transmitter 90 degrees and retest or move the receiver.

Back