Elk M1 App for Windows 10 PC and Phone

dw886

I'm tied to the Windows ecosystem, and have quite a bit invested into stitching it together across different pieces of my home automation.  The issue that I've been running into is that there's no way to Arm / Disarm the Elk M1 from my phone.  Sure, having M1ToGo on my PC is nice, but sometimes I need to disarm when I don't have access to a PC, or I (well, mostly my wife...) leave the house without remembering to set the alarm.

After waiting for something to come out, I finally gave up on waiting for someone else to build something.  I took some time over the last few weeks to read the Elk SDK, and wrote a universal windows application that arms/disarms via the M1XEP.  I've done testing against my system and have a working stable build.  I am however working on some assumptions (for example, I'm assuming that this solution would also work against an M1EZ8, Ness M1, etc since I don't have all of those to test against). 

I haven't written any documentation as of yet, but basically you need to be using the Secure Port on the M1XEP and you need to have a username/password configured in the M1XEP setup.  If you meet those criteria, then the application should work.    If you have your secure port available from outside your network, then it will work outside your network.  If you don't have it exposed, it would only work on the LAN. Arm Type is configurable (Away, Vacation, Stay, Stay Instant, Night, Night Instant).

If there's anyone out there running Windows 10 on a PC, or using a Windows 10 phone, and looking for a way to Arm/Disarm an Elk M1, M1EZ8, or Ness M1, I'd appreciate any feedback.

The app is available here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/central station/9NBLGGH4V8QZ

Back