Do you have a recommended center speaker?

Jonathon

I was considering buying a new set of front speakers (the 2 stereo ones, and the center),,
and while reviewing what is available,,, it turns out that the center speaker is typically equipped with the same speakers as the stereo ones,,, 
a woofer,, midrange,,, and a tweeter,,, (that is in the better speakers)Do you have a recommended center speaker?? 

The center should be matched as closely as possible to the left and right.  Otherwise, when things move across the front field, you will hear it.  And it can be very distracting. 

What is your price range for new speakers?  I'm pretty active on AVS and have a home theater subwoofer business so I read about quite a bit of the more popular speakers for the performance enthusiast.  Do you have the capability to do DIY as you can save quite a bit of money by building some parts yourself for subs and speakers?  Not very many do but I know there are some very high performing kits that are solid values.

I used to try different mfgs of the center speaker.  I know I shouldn't have. 

I have now settled on using a Bose center speaker.  It is small and sounds good to me. 

Here do a 7.1 set up with external speakers center, right , left, rear left and right, sub woofer behind the furniture and in left and right ceiling speakers.

Back