Strange call in the middle of the night

kurtmccaslin

I got a strange call at 2:00 am last night.   My monitoring company called and said that I have a trouble signal on zone 87.   I checked my list of zones, and 87 is an auxiliary zone, that I believe should not be calling the monitoring center.    I then checked alarm codes in my panel, and it showed a 87 is the "fire zone trouble code"     The actual zone 87 has a DCM code of E9.

My panel is the Omni Pro II, and my smoke detector loop is a 4-wire System Sensor 4WTAB

My problem is that I am out of town this week and cant physically access the alarm till Thursday.    Another problem is my internet is out at the house, and I also cannot access the system remotely.   It went out during a thunderstorm a couple of days ago, and the modem needs to be reset.  (Yesterday I bought an auto reset box to plug my modem into) 

Has anybody see this zone 87 trouble before?   Is 87 a standard code or something proprietary to the Omni?

If the fire loop is sending out a trouble code, how do I troubleshoot and find the problem when I get there?   This system has been running flawlessly for a year until now.   The monitoring center told me that the system reported this trouble code several times during the night, so the problem must be intermittent.   

Looks like you guessed it right.   The garage was hit by lightning with extensive damage.    I am going to start a new thread sharing my experiences with the lightning strike and hopefully getting some advice on prevention.

Back