Omnitouch 7 will not retain brightness settings

jcd

Has anyone else experienced the issue where an OT7 will not retain brightness settings? We have a few locations where it is desirable that the display brightness be dimmed (e.g. a bedroom, home theater) but when we set the brightness level slider lower, the screen will continually revert back to full brightness. It does not make any difference if we select the "auto-dim" button or not.

Current firmware and kernel, FWIW.

Thanks for any input.

I have confirmed with Leviton that there is a bug here... the brightness settings work fine and are retained UNLESS there is a CCTV camera pop, in which case after the camera pop the touchscreen brightness level reverts to 100% (regardless of what it was set at, or what the slider in settings indicates.)

I use CCTV camera pops extensively in every installation; hence its prevalence to me. 

Leviton says this will need to be patched in a future release. I'm not happy about it, but at least somewhat relieved that it is a confirmed issue and not my imagination, or some local configuration oddity.

We just discovered yesterday as well that when using the OT7 intercom to OT7, the OT7 is forced into full brightnes. Slider is at 10% but screen jumps to 100% at intercom call then and stays at 100% causing the screen dimming timeout to stop working also (display never goes to sleep).  

Changing the slider does cause the display to start working again - brightness could be dimmed and now timeout is working for the display to sleep.

Secondarily the customer complained about severe echo which is surprising because the linphone SIP phone that the OT7 runs has echo cancellation (I'm guessing Leviton forgot to turn it on).  We were able to duplicate both issues in our lab under OT7 firmware 1.14.

FIRMWARE VERSION: 1.14

Back