Leviton RF Installer 1.1.4.1 Released (Win10 support)

ddennerline

I have a defective VRCS2 switch where one switch somehow developed a short. While doing my RMA, I asked about updated RF Installer Toolkit. To my surprise, the technical support representative said there’s a new 1.1.4.1 version out. He said the biggest changes are:
  • Support for Windows 10.
  • Possible fix for VRC0P+3 over the air group synchronization problem.
  • Export devices option has been re-released since 1.1.3.1 was pulled
You cannot use the Help>Update menu item and have to download software from the web site under the “Updates” section.

I would have been nice if there was a list of improvements or release notes.

I may try and rebuild my network to see how this version compares to the 1.5 year old 1.1.2.1 version. Hopefully, this means that some Engineer has been assigned to at least maintain the product.

Would've been nice to include the link.

Code:
http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibcGetAttachment.jsp?cItemId=uPAG60-6eBWjh2g4ICgFDw&label=IBE&appName=IBE&minisite=10251&LEVCOMP_pses=ZGE6EF5986FAF78186D9ECB434ED06557BB8633035A890D4988931E13344418EF886522F57D885336B604389C6E61EC5D3D1347BD09F0B84CB

Wow, I thought they had given up on the Z-Wave support.  Good sign, I suppose.  Thanks for the info and link!

Frunple said:
  • Support for Windows 10.
  • Possible fix for VRC0P+3 over the air group synchronization problem.
  • Export devices option has been re-released since 1.1.3.1 was pulled
Working fine on 10.
You aren't seeing that on the posted link, are you?  I am not, as I assume from IVB's post he is not either.

For those who downloaded, did you download from the 'click to install' link or the 'RF Installer Tool Updates' link?  (Or are you really seeing a different version of the page that mentions Windows 10?  The one I see does not.)

cobra said:
You aren't seeing that on the posted link, are you?  I am not, as I assume from IVB's post he is not either.

For those who downloaded, did you download from the 'click to install' link or the 'RF Installer Tool Updates' link?  (Or are you really seeing a different version of the page that mentions Windows 10?  The one I see does not.)
They don't update their pages very well. Actually, they don't update anything very well.
Download from the link I provided, it's version 1.1.4.1 and works with windows 10.

If someone can make a change to one item in a group (area) and see if the group is correctly synchronized to VRC0P+3, then #2 on list can be confirmed. If all lights in group can be manipulate that would indicate this problem has been corrected. Currently, I have to use Hyperterminal to add all the groups (and nodes) using the “GR” command. He also seemed to indicate that the CTRL+Shift+B (I believe that’s the secret keystroke) doesn’t need to be used for showing the 16 VRC0P+3 virtual buttons. The virtual buttons should no longer be required. The program entire network should synchronize all areas/groups to VRC0P+3. This has been my biggest pain point with RFIT.

The export devices could be used by ElkRP to import lights without having to re-enter all the information. I had previously asked the Maintenance Engineer if he could provide access to data because the very old version of RFIT used a XML file. Newer versions encrypted file. The export devices function was added in 1.1.3.1, but that version was recalled.

Also, the support engineer said it’s best to un-install and re-install version.

It'll be a few weeks before I can upgrade my laptop and try this new release.

I hereby nominate (someone else) to download & test this.

I then nominate JKMonroe to download this, make VRUSB primary, and see if SmartThings works as secondary (along with VRCOP).

Then I could regain control over my multi-button ViziaRF controllers (all non-load buttons inoperable via SmartThings), but still get voice control via Echo.

Alas, I've been so freaking pissed off over zWave / Leviton that I wake up in a cold sweat thinking about trying to find either of my VRUSBs...

Didn't you threaten to drive over them with your car?  You might find them in pieces in your driveway.

-Tom

Frunple said:
Download from the link I provided, it's version 1.1.4.1 and works with windows 10.
Well, that's why I asked.  There are two download links for RFIT on that page, it seems.  Which one did you use?

The link in post#2 from Frunple is correct link. The file is named oddly - UTF-'en-us-Vizia RF + Installer Tool Setup June16.zip.

xlurkr said:
Didn't you threaten to drive over them with your car?  You might find them in pieces in your driveway.

-Tom

TBH, there's more than a 0% chance I stomped on them. I certainly did with some other stuff.  I'm going to start up a CQC giveaway thread with all my spare parts stuff that has been sitting for a while, the old crap needs to go.

/our hero sits staring at RFIT on his screen, supposedly working & connected to the VRUSB that he retrieved from the very steps into Mordor. Sad at not being able to use the 4 expensive ViziaRF scene controllers installed as SmartThings/Samsung sucks ass, he wonders if he has the energy to blow away the entire zWave network and try this crap again.

god i really hate automated lighting most of the time.

Back