Driver collides with tree while playing Pokemon Go

pete_c

Guru
Two days ago (12th of July, 2016) one exit bound local commuter rail line had a 4 hour delay because somebody walked in front of a train.  It was a quick death and a 3 hour clean up of the blood.   It must have been a large spatter of blood.

At the end of the book Charles Darwin (1871 AD) concluded that.......Que sera; sera

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

DOM.gif

Pokemon Go news item published July 14, 2016

The incredibly popular Pokemon Go smartphone game nearly claimed its first life Tuesday night after a driver in upstate New York swerved off the road and hit a tree while trying to catch Pokemon, police said.

According to Syracuse.com, an unidentified 28-year-old man was trying to catch Pokemon on his phone at about 10:45 p.m. when he got distracted and veered off the roadway and crashed into a tree.

Auburn police said the man wasn’t seriously injured, despite the front of his car being crumpled. The man admitted to police that he was playing Pokemon Go.

Auburn Police Chief Shawn Butler said that the man’s name will be released once the investigation is complete. Syrause.com reported that traffic tickets are pending.

Police said in a statement that drivers must use common sense when playing the game and offered some advice to Pokemon hunters.

·         Don't trespass on private property just to "catch" a Pokemon.
·         Avoid staring down at your phone and be aware of hazards like roadways, drop-offs and waterways.
·         Be cautious of who you share your location with.
·         Don't travel alone.

Pokemon has become a wildly popular game and has already drawn some controversy. A number of historical sites have already asked people to not play the game while visiting, deeming it inappropriate.

1468490173298.jpg

Well I guess that we should be grateful that he didn't crush a motorcyclist or pedestrian. I've been riding a motorcycle for over 40 years on and off and this is the kind of thing that makes me want to put the bike away for good. As good of a rider that I may think that I am, I'm no match for Pokemon.

While searching for some other events on my NVR a few days ago I found this nugget. Wait for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ldTZ7GalmE

Back