Haiku Haiku/Space seem dead - what are you migrating to?

pgray007

It appears Haiku/Space are dead. Haiku was a nice setup but even the website seems to have been purged from existence so it looks like it's time to move on.

What are people migrating to to replace haiku?

Basically what I want is easy iPhone-based local and remote control. I was thinking of going with Homeseer so I could get Echo/IFTTT integration as well, but I'm unsure how well HS works on the app front, and if there's a canned interface similar to Haiku or if I'm left completely rolling my own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OpenHAB. I use it with HomeKit via Homebridge but the OpenHAB iOS client works OK as well. Although all I use with my Omni is dry contacts and UPB so your mileage may vary.

As in ugly? I largely agree but it gets the job done for me. I like the client choices that come with HomeKit but it definitely lacks the power and sophistication of the solutions most people are looking for here.

tannebil said:
As in ugly? I largely agree but it gets the job done for me. I like the client choices that come with HomeKit but it definitely lacks the power and sophistication of the solutions most people are looking for here.
As in, "I'm disappointed with how it turned out and don't have the energy to complain about it anymore."

I still am using Haiku on my & my wifes [family share] iphones. It continues to survive even thru the Iphone updates.  Haiku Helper is still working on my Imac also. 

I still use Haiku but I am tempted to hire someone to write my own IOS app and create what I want. I really like Haiku but it lacks some things I would like to see. It would be great to have the ability to program switches as well as reorder the main screen.  I am sure we could come up with a heck of a list.  I just don't know how many people really pay for Haiku / Space or if it is worth developing an app that would easily cost $50k plus

We have something big coming soon, its currently in pre-alpha. It is much more than what Haiku/Helper ever was :) We haven't forgotten you, we're working on something great.

lupinglade said:
We have something big coming soon, its currently in pre-alpha. It is much more than what Haiku/Helper ever was :) We haven't forgotten you, we're working on something great.

I hear it is timed to release with the OmniPro III

lupinglade said:

Please see my PM

lupinglade said:
Should i be ordering my hats with the logo "Make Haiku Great again"

lupinglade said:
we heard that before trust is a little low here

Back