Phantom zones after moving M1XIN from address 2 to 3

bhoth

Hi All,

In preparation to add a new ELK-M1XRFTW to my Elk M1 Gold system, I moved my M1XIN from address 2 to address 3. After doing an enroll in RP, the system added Hardwired Exp3 and zones 033-048. I then right clicked on hardware Exp2 and selected Remove Hardwired - Exp2. Then I clicked send all to the system.

Then I check for conflicts and its says there are zones 016-032 in the system that are not in the database. I select all and then select receive to database and Hardwired Exp2 is back.

Do I need to change a jumper terminal? or what am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Did you change the address jumper on the XIN?

EDIT

It just occurred to me that if you enrolled the XIN and it showed up at zone 33 then you had to have changed the address jumper.

i would try deleting the zones 17 through 32 individually and sending to the system. If that works and you show no conflicts then try to delete the wired adapter at address 2 and sending that to the system

mikefamig said:
Did you change the address jumper on the XIN?

EDIT

It just occurred to me that if you enrolled the XIN and it showed up at zone 33 then you had to have changed the address jumper.
Yes I changed the address from 2 to 3

mikefamig said:
i would try deleting the zones 17 through 32 individually and sending to the system. If that works and you show no conflicts then try to delete the wired adapter at address 2 and sending that to the system
You can't delete a zone individually, all you can do is Disable (clear) each zone. So I did that again for each zone then sent it to the system for each zone cleared. Then when I did this for all 16, I removed the hardwired EXP 2 again. then sent that, then checked for conflicts and all 16 zones show up again.

When I check any of the conflicts it says: (Zone 17) This item is programmed in the system but doesn't exist in the database.

Here is a screenshot of the enroll screen. As you can see it does not show 2 M1XIN expansions, it shows 1 at address 3.

29560170851_6049cddf12_o.png

one other thing that I would try is to power down the system, install the wireless adapter at address 2 along with the xin at a higher address and re-enroll the system. But I would move thexin up to a higher address like 10 in case you ever want to add another wireless adapter. I put my m1xrftw at and my next adapter at 11.

bhoth said:
Do I need to change a jumper terminal? or what am I doing wrong?

Thank you

In order to advise on teh EOLm jumpers I would have to know the topography of all of the devices on the data bus.

mikefamig said:
In order to advise on teh EOLm jumpers I would have to know the topography of all of the devices on the data bus.
Would it help if I took a picture of the ELK-M1DBHR. I have 3 keyboards hooked up to it plus the M1XIN.

mikefamig said:
Hi Mike I hope you don't mind, I am going to post this same problem on the Elk forum and see if Brad from support can help.

I can't imagine why I would mind, Brad knows way more than I do about the system and I'm not easily insulted anyways.

The M1 panel should be terminated if there is only one catx cable attached to it.That way one termination is on the panel and one termination is at the end of that catx cable.

If you have two catx cables attached to the M1 then the terminating plug is removed from the panel and each of those catx cables need to be terminated at their respective ends.

The dbhr requires that you terminate each branch that you attach to it. That means that the last physical device on each catx cable that is attached to the dbhr should be terminated.

That is the short story. I have never used a dbhr and just read through the install manual quickly.

The dbhr has four data buses. Each of these data buses are treated the same as the M1 panel. If there is only one cable attached to a data bus then the jp on the dbhr is terminated and the end of that data bus is terminated.

If you have two cables attached to a single data bus on the dbhr then the termination is removed from the dbhr jp plug and the last device on each of those two cables are terminated.

bhoth said:
Here is a screenshot of the enroll screen. As you can see it does not show 2 M1XIN expansions, it shows 1 at address 3.

29560170851_6049cddf12_o.png
Looking at your screen shot I see that the xin and the kpas are both at address 3.

Back