IVB YouTube Video:Understanding Wire Types

IVB

(100% of Cocooners registered before this post don't need to watch this, but I need a landing page to put in the YouTube description for my latest video on understanding wire types. I'll use CT as then other, smarter folks can help answer questions that newbies may have).

A visual walkthrough of cat5e vs 6, solid vs stranded, shielded vs non-shielded, 2 conductor vs 4 conductor.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWd25O93cSo

Nice!

I did notice you didn't advise twisting stranded wire before terminating to avoid some of the wild strands and to teach others what it is like to get one of those wild strands through the skin on your finger making you think you got a shock at first! :)

I actually thought about that exact point (mosf of the strands are twisted), but there are so many points to be made it would exceed the 3-5 minute guidance that everyone tries to live by. It was already slightly over, and youtube analytics shows high watch rate but an average of under 2 minutes watch time for most of my videos. 

Then again, I can't say too much, if I see a 9 minute video i'll go find a shorter one. 

Back