Enrollment question regarding ElkRP

RogueOne

I was able to enroll all 3 of my elk wireless sensors and also my GE sensors.  Couple problems.  I couldn't figure out a way to enroll the GE sensors from ELKRP and had to use the keypad.  When I checked ELK RP the new ge sensors were in a hardwired zone instead of a wireless zone.  Also the enrolment was a bit messed up, for example I enrolled my ge back door on the keypad for zone 35 and when I labeled zone 35 as back door in elkrp the keypad recognized it as my motion.  so I changed everything to match.

The other issue is I am not sure which definitions to use in elkrp configuration.  For example my door sensor I selected option 1 (burglar entry/exit 1)  seemed to work but is this the right one to use?
What do I select for the motion or smoke detectors?

Thanks

Hi RogueOne,

The issue with the wireless zone expanders reverting to wired is a bug I came across 5+ years ago and it seems to still pop up every so often on brand new installs.  It's been a while, but as I remember it, if you add the zone expanders in RP and DON'T add any transmitters to it before your next sync, then in RP they revert back to Wired.  This is extremely frustrating because now you can't add transmitters!  The only fix I found was to delete them out, then add them back in RP and while they're still showing as wireless zones, add a transmitter to each one.  Do that before you save, and they'll stay as wireless zones.

For which zone-type to use, I'd suggest reading the manual and getting an understanding of the zone types.  For instance, you need to understand when to use burg entry/exit; when to use Follower zones, etc.  For instance, if a motion sensor monitors an area where there's a door, if the follower zones aren't used correctly, you can get an alarm trigger.  Also some zones will trigger the countdown timer to disarm while others won't.  It's worth taking the time to understand all these.

Yeah you can do it through RP but you have to add the first one right after you add the zone controller, while RP still sees it as a wireless expander, otherwise the option won't be there.

When you say zone controller are you referring to the GE transciever? Or the new wireless group of zones?

DELInstallations said:
Click on the button "wireless setup" after adding the appropriate group/block of zone numbers to the system.
But I don't believe there are codes on the ge devices. When I did it through the panel the voice came on and said to push the transmitter button and when I did it enrolled on the keypad but not sure how in rp

There should be a TxID on a sticker, which may be on the bottom of the device, or perhaps inside the cover.

index.php

RAL said:
There should be a TxID on a sticker, which may be on the bottom of the device, or perhaps inside the cover.

index.php
You are correct. I found a TX number on both door sensors, smoke and motion. Awsome thanks. Now just have to try enrolling

Back