Tech Advice Requested Old System

Hi, A few years ago my wife & I bought a vacation home and the place came with a Vista 10P Security panel and Honeywell Ademco 6150 keypad, installed by ADT. The system is currently not being monitored by ADT and I have no idea how long it’s been disconnected.  However, I do not want to pay for a monitoring service that will tell me of a break-in, especially since I know I can receive a text message telling me the same thing… for FREE!
Vista10P-Security.png
Our second year vacationing I “unlocked” the security panel (oddly my truck canopy key fit the panel box perfectly…karma). I added a new battery and after little Google searching, I was able to sort out the keypad & reprogram access codes with our credentials.  Now we can arm/disarm the system. 

What I am interested in is:
  • Connecting the security panel to the Internet so I can monitor/control the system, receive texts, etc.
  • Adding a thermostat that is also controllable via the Internet. The unit also needs to know whether we are Away or Home.
  • Having some sort of surveillance camera.
Here’s my question.  What do I need to accomplish the above?

I have read a similar recent post  and I am aware of the Envisalink interface that can link this security panel to the Internet. I am assuming this interface can send text/email messages too. There are a number of WiFi thermostats out there with ability to control them and I liked what WiFi Ring doorbell appears to do.  Are there other/better options out there for what I want to do?  Is there a t-stat that can adjust according to the security status (e.g the Nest)?

For a little background, my “Home-home” has a DYI home automation system installed: ISY controller, ElkM1 Gold and a couple web cameras.  But that installation goes way beyond home security.  While the security system in our vacation home is really basic, I think it can do the job.  Especially if I can just add a few things to gain access and control to meet the above needs.  

That said, I already have installed a number of Insteon devices in our vacation home and at some point, may want to add a PLM and ISY controller too.  But not just yet. 
JS

Panel is a proprietary version of a 20P, not a 10P. The screw terminals (and a past life) give it away for me.

Your short list pretty much gets you into a 3rd party product. As far as interfaces to T-stats and similar, Zwave is pretty much going to be your option. Functionality is limited to actions within the panel. Cameras are a separate item. Interface to insteon isn't going to happen.

If you can get this panel to interface with another ISY then, as you already know, the Internet, and stats are almost drop-ins.

I know ISY has a highly rated Elk interface but, is this compatible, or how would you interface it to an ISY994?

Back