A few M1G questions about arming and voice

RogueOne

1. I know how to turn off voice but how do you silence it completely from saying "area 1". I don't want all the voice off but arming at night and disarming I want silent.

2. How do I have the system arm at night with no countdown? I tried stay instant but it still has the countdown.

Thanks

I seem to remember that the message will not be voiced if you make the first word in the message blank.

Mike.

Another option may be to use an F key to trigger arming that will disable voice, arm, then enable voice.

Personally, I disable non-alarm voice at 9PM and enable at 8AM. This still allows any alarm to announce through the speakers at any time.

I turn off the voice based on time of day. Don't want it at night or before 7:30 or so in the AM.....holdover from when the kids were still sleeping.

System will always have an exit delay.

42etus said:
You'll also need a rule to turn voice back on.
Not true. Just modify the conditional. Remember that midnight changes the hours and values. Basically  <PM hours leading up to midnight and then >AM hours up to the time they re-enable. Multiple rules not needed.

Yes, but for someone just learning the M1 and RP, it's simpler to just right an additional rule.

Whenever time is 7:00 AM
     Then turn voice on

Either way will use additional rule space.

42etus said:
Yes, but for someone just learning the M1 and RP, it's simpler to just right an additional rule.

Whenever time is 7:00 AM
     Then turn voice on

Either way will use additional rule space.
Yes and no. The issue comes up when either rules are prioritized and you need to determine what or why something isn't behaving properly in a routine or even if what is true or not true in a rule/equation. Remember, the M1 runs through it's rules and those that are physically higher in RP are evaluated and executed first, which means multiple rules can clash and lead to more difficulty for a novice to troubleshoot, same if the syntax is out of order. 

I'd recommend the novice to watch the videos and look at the examples Elk puts out there on their site and documentation. Those sorts of things didn't exist when I started putting in the M1's and EZ8's which led to more time on jobs figuring out how the panel works.

DELInstallations said:
Not true. Just modify the conditional. Remember that midnight changes the hours and values. Basically  <PM hours leading up to midnight and then >AM hours up to the time they re-enable. Multiple rules not needed.
I would really like to understand what you have said above, and how the M1 can enable and disable with just the one statement,

Back