Recommended florescent tube LED replacements?

JimS

I have a number of tube fixtures that are about 12 years old.  Some of them are noisy.  My choices seem to be

1.  Replacement of the fixture.  In most cases the fixture is fine so this seems like overkill.

2.  Replace the ballast with electronic one.

3.  Replace the tubes with LED ones.

I have used some small, single tube fixtures with about 18" tubes for closet lights.  For those complete fixture replacement may be the way to go.

But for the 4', dual tube fixtures I am thinking of 2 or 3.  2 is the cheapest and I don't plan to be in the current house for more than a year or two so I am leaning toward this.

For 3 there are ballast compatible and ballast bypass versions.  Bypass versions seem like the better way, especially since the ballasts are noisy. 

Any advice or specific brand recommendations for LED tubes (or complete fixtures)?

I was at Costco today and looked at 4' LED fluorescent tube replacements but they cost $18 for a package of two and I passed.

Mike.

Recently purchased one of these at Amazon about a month ago for $32.39.  So far so good.

LLT LED Garage Vapor Proof Fixture 4ft 36W 5000K IP66 - Daylight

LLT.jpg

I also purchased a Duttek LED ceiling light on Amazon which I do not see listed anymore (24 Watt) for around $10.00.

It is a 6500k lamp which is a bit too bright.  Works fine here.  Very small footprint.

Back