Haiku The new product

Sounds awesome. Key word being "sounds". Much like how Space sounded awesome when it was released, but absolutely is not awesome.

If it's great, I'll happily open my wallet.

@lupinglade   I received a notice that push notifications are going to cease in the near future. 

Is the new software going to be available prior to that date?

Joe

lupinglade said:
Going well, we are making progress towards the first official alpha. 

joe morris said:
@lupinglade   I received a notice that push notifications are going to cease in the near future. 
well that doesn't sound good.  haven't seen that notice yet.  where did you see it?

serky said:
Lupinglade,

This sounds awesome.

If you use it connected to an Omni, Siri can be used?

When will it be available?  I would love to be a beta tester as well.

Thanks,

Jason

Yes, you can use Siri to control your Omni :) PM me to join Alpha testing.

2MuchTech said:
Lupinglade, this sounds very exciting! I currently have several iPads wall-mounted and running Haiku. They are not latest gen iPads (they're pre Air / Air 2 hardware). Will the iOS component of the new system require a certain minimum version of the iPad to run and have reasonable performance?

For those of us who have written a fair amount of JS in HH to expand the functionality of our Omni systems, will there be a simple and fairly painless path to moving this code over to the new server product?

I'd also like to add my vote for tight Echo integration. I currently use HUEmulator and OpenHAB 1.x (with the OmniPro binding) to control my Leviton lights, and it works well, but I would love to have Echo voice control over more components in the system, and I've been reluctant to spend time integrating it with HH given the uncertain future of HH. Voice control using an always-on system such as Echo totally changes the entire home automation game.

Finally, I recently added a pool that has a Jandy AquaLink RS system controlling all of the pumps, heaters, valves, lights, etc. AquaLink uses RS-485 to connect everything, and they have a protocol converter module that connects it to your RS-232 computer. I hope to be able to integrate the AquaLink system into my HA environment in the near future. Will your new product make it relatively easy for someone to add something like this to the server?

I'm anxious to see what you've come up with, and if there's an opportunity to be a beta tester, I'm in... even if I have to buy the beta version up front. Thanks!

The API won't be backwards compatible with HaikuHelper, but it should be fairly easy to port. The main difference is we're using Lua instead of JavaScript now. You'll also be able to do a lot more with the new product without even going to scripting (ie. do it graphically).

PM me, we're looking at adding AquaLink support as an official driver but need some testers with the hardware. 

PS. We're still looking for a name for the new full-fledged home automation system, if you have ideas, feel free to post them if you're okay with us using the name. That's one way you guys can help get this out sooner. We'll be happy to give you a free license in exchange :)

lupinglade said:
PS. We're still looking for a name for the new full-fledged home automation system, if you have ideas, feel free to post them if you're okay with us using the name. That's one way you guys can help get this out sooner. We'll be happy to give you a free license in exchange :)

Converge Automation

lupinglade said:
"Worth-the-Wait"

Regarding Jandy/Zodiac Aqualink integration, I'd like to suggest also supporting Autelis. Their controller has been much more reliable over the years for me. I'm using their serial/TCP firmware which emulates Jandy's protocol but I believe they have their own API too.

I integrated it with HaikuHelper using JavaScript and commands sent over a tcp/ip socket.

It's a direct replacement for the aqualink (sits on the RS-485 bus) and also half the price.

Thanks

I loved the Haiku iOS app, but when I changed to an Android phone, I was disappointed with the SnapLink app.
"The new product" is a replacement for both? (I hope...)

lupinglade said:
We may have a few more alpha/beta spots, if you're interested, PM me.
Would love to be an alpha/beta I have an Omini II system installed currently on all upgrades.  I also have (2) MacMinis, and Windows 7, 10 to manage configurations (6) Acti Outdoor Cameras connected as well as a complete Universal Remote IR System and 24 Zone Speaker Craft system.

Back