Omnistat2 RC-1000WH Confusion

mstarks01

Awhile back I ordered this stat. I installed it and hooked it up to the Elk using the serial interface. Everything works. Fast forward to today and I am looking at tying everything together (see previous post) and I started to doubt whether or not this stat has Zigbee capabilities. If I go into the setup menu it has all of the Zigbee options and I can even scan for devices. Is it possible that this simply has the same firmware as the Zigbee model and no actual radio, or does this include the radio as well, even though they have a separate Zigbee model?  

I went through some confusion over Omnistats and Zigbee a while back. I think the ones with Zigbee radios installed all have a 'Z' in the model number. The examples I see on Amazon are:

RC-1000WHZB
RC-1500WHZB
RC-2000WHZB

My old OmniStat had the Zigbee options as well, but did not seem to be able to attach to the Zigbee interface (it was not a Z model.)

If it has Zigbee, there is a small Zigbee daughter board that plugs into the main board.

It would seem that I don't have the daughter board. Bummer. Looks like I'll have to continue to use the elk to interface with it. Thanks, everyone.

Does anyone know if just the daughter board can be purchased? I bet it has the exact same firmware as the Zigbee model and all I need to do is plug one in.

Back