New Omni 4.0b Firmware. Anyone feel lucky?

ano

I saw this new Omni firmware v4.0b out, and new PC Access software v3.17 and new email board notifier firmware v2.0 

Anyone?  4.0b sounds pretty radical.

I found release notes:
PC Access Version 3.17.0.838 (17/January/2017)

- Controller firmware 4.0b released:
- Added support for flash memory module. IMPORTANT: Firmware versions below 4.0 may not be installed in controllers with flash memory modules.
- Improved contact ID reporting compatibility for account codes containing zeroes.
- Improved contact ID reporting compatibility when the checksum value is zero.

- Added support for Omni firmware 4.0.

- OmniTouch 7 firmware version 1.15 (99A00-1/2) released:
- Fixed limitation of four OT7s displaying video preview for 2N door stations
- Added separate volume control for ring volume in settings page
- Review trouble conditions are displayed for Omni
- Fixed wake lock issue

- Enhanced IP Camera Support with built in support for over 250 new camera models.

- Added support Omni Notifier firmware 2.0 that allows E-Mails to be sent using My Leviton Cloud services. This eliminates compatibility issues with some SMTP servers. See Knowledge Base article DOC-4920 for more information: http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-4920

Sounds encouraging!!!  I wonder if it means they are dropping support for Omni boards without flash memory and what's a "flash memory module?"  That Contact ID problem was something I encountered with Alarm Relay and they warned me about it. Its good its fixed. The email problem was a problem for many.

Подскажите увлекательную игруху, чтоб смогла завлечь на долгое время и не надоесть?

You first Ano.  ;)

Playing with paper yagi's here lately (for a cellular modem) which doesn't have anything to do with your OP sort of in search of more than 3 bars.

I've implemented this upgrade without any problems. I haven't found any problems with the email notifier board.  I only have one OT7 installed.  It's installed in the basement and it isn't used very much.  Thus, I can't say whether or not the upgrade resolved any OT7 issues.

BobS0327 said:
I've implemented this upgrade without any problems. I haven't found any problems with the email notifier board.  I only have one OT7 installed.  It's installed in the basement and it isn't used very much.  Thus, I can't say whether or not the upgrade resolved any OT7 issues.
Was there a v4.0a? Are you using the new Leviton email account with the notifier board or your own email?

The controller firmware that was available to me via the download was version 4.0b.  Version 4.0a was never made available to me via the download. I'm now using the new Leviton email account with the notifier board.  I've shutdown my old jOmniLink email app and now I'm just relying on the Leviton email account.

I'm a little perplexed as to whether or not Leviton is using any type of encryption on transmissions to their cloud.  I plan to use a packet sniffer when I have some free time to determine whether the communication is encrypted or plain text.

Finally, I'm now at PCA version 3.17.0.838

EDIT:  This upgrade still does not fix my OT7 "hissing" sound when  I move between screens.  For example, if I hit the macros button to execute a specific macro, the OT7 will continually hiss until I return back to the home screen.  The hissing only stops when I'm back on the home screen.

Thomasnib said:
Подскажите увлекательную игруху, чтоб смогла завлечь на долгое время и не надоесть?
Converted the above to English by  running it  thru a Google Russian to English translator.  English translation follows..

Prompt fascinating toy, so was able to captivate for a long time and not get bored?

I'm not sure how it relates to this thread.  Я не уверен, как это имеет отношение к этой теме.

BobS0327 said:
Converted the above to English by  running it  thru a Google Russian to English translator.  English translation follows..

I'm not sure how it relates to this thread.  Я не уверен, как это имеет отношение к этой теме.
Yeah, its the new owner of CocoonTech.  Expect to see more changes like this under the Trump administration. :rofl:

BobS0327 - I don't believe the hardware will support a modern level of encryption which means you'll have to wait on release of a new Email Notifier Board or use an unencrypted service or LCS (alternative name that Leviton uses with their Cloud email).

Leviton Cloud is currently limited to a maximum of 25 emails per hour per account, so if you are used to having support for a lot of messages, stay with your current private unencrypted email service and don't use the same account for multiple Notifiers because email limit is by "account name".  I haven't tested yet, but I too am hoping the Email Notifier will become more reliable and not require a power cycle every 2-5 messages to keep it working.

I found it odd the individual file names for the updates are still prefaced with HAI..... instead of using the name Leviton..... . Does 4.0B mean "B" for Beta?

OT7 locked up during update and required manual removal of power to restore operation, which took much longer than usual to connect.

PC Access doesn't show the current OT7 firmware under version column 1.14 (OT7 indicates it has newer 1.15 version). Closed PC Access then a second reboot of the OT7s and this time Discover did work and did detect the new firmware version.

The repeated ROOMS issue is back.  I was excited that issue was fixed in the 1.15 OT7 update, but looks like the update to the OP broke the OT7 fix for Rooms but only a double repeat this time around, not the 4X like before.

I see H.264 is still NOT supported for cameras, only JPEG and MJPEG is shown on the drop down list but now includes camera brands;
  • 2N
  • Axis
  • Channel Vision
  • Digital Watchdog
  • HAI
  • Hikvision
  • Leviton
  • Logenex
  • Panasonic
  • User Defined

I'm not sure why, maybe because I have a large system, but when I upgrade the firmware in the Omni, so some time, all hell breaks loose.  By that I mean after the firmware starts to run, EVERY zone will be not-ready, which means fire alarms trip, the sirens go off, etc.  After a few minutes things clear up, but until then, its rather scary.

Thank you STD.

Is the camera view still 4:3? 

Ano did you do the update?

Here always have heard a noisy reboot after a firmware update.  I've never paid attention after it settles down.  Here it has been low on the WAF when I do these upgrades at 2AM as I have an Omni touch console in the master bedroom.

pete_c said:
Thank you STD.

Is the camera view still 4:3? 

Ano did you do the update?

Here always have heard a noisy reboot after a firmware update.  I've never paid attention after it settles down.  Here it has been low on the WAF when I do these upgrades at 2AM as I have an Omni touch console in the master bedroom.
Yup consoles start beeping too. I haven't upgraded yet. Have to go on a business trip soon, so will when I get back.

Yup here have had no issues with the camera integration using MJPG or JPG. 

I convert the HD camera's video here for just the Omnipro video hub while concurrently utilize the HD output.

Not having any IP issues these days and do my own thing relating to email / time sync (openwrt microrouter stuff).

EDIT:  This upgrade still does not fix my OT7 "hissing" sound when  I move between screens.  For example, if I hit the macros button to execute a specific macro, the OT7 will continually hiss until I return back to the home screen.  The hissing only stops when I'm back on the home screen.

When the light static sound is not fixed early enough with the a firmware fix, something in the electronics gets damaged. Yours is at the point of being damaged and no firmware will fix the issue. 

pete_c said:
s the camera view still 4:3? 

Yes, still 4:3 and 640x480 resolution. SUPER disappointing. Even if the OmniTouch 7 resolution is capped, I would love better resolution when I use SnapLink Mobile and a widescreen aspect ratio that does not clip the camera image.

Back