Any thoughts on POE 12v for the M1XEP?

dvpvic

Anybody use a poe injector (has ac adaptor port with two rj45 ports) to power a m1xep?
I have a ups running at 120v wanted to plug in the 12v power adapter into it, then use the injector plug in the the 12v power and then leave out the power pair on the rj45 on the m1xep end and terminate it into another female plug to power the m1xep. Does anyone see any issues with this?

The M1 has a 12v output which is already on backup power. I simply cut the XEP wall transformer off and wired it to the 12v output on the M1. No complicated PoE injection necessary. I also removed the XEP from the plastic housing and mounted the PCB inside the Elk enclosure.

I'll have to count up my current draw make sure I have room for it. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably wouldn't go that route.

I prefer to power them off the M1 or aux power and I've also run the power through a relay on the panel for remote reset purposes.

elvisimprsntr said:
The M1 has a 12v output which is already on backup power. I simply cut the XEP wall transformer off and wired it to the 12v output on the M1. No complicated PoE injection necessary. I also removed the XEP from the plastic housing and mounted the PCB inside the Elk enclosure.

This is exactly what I did as well.  No issues after 4 years of using this config.  

Back