Elk XEP upgrade 2.0.42 ?'s

I was holding on to my 1.XX version XEP for the Java app for a long time until I finally had to break down and grab another unit out of my stock since I couldn't connect to my own panel with multiple machines. Thought it might be DNS or firewall issue since I could ping on the LAN....so after grabbing another unit and having the same results, I found Elk's FPN stating the later updates of Windows caused issues. Great.

Had my Surface W10 machine couldnt' connect, then my corporate W7 machine and my private W7/W10 machine wouldn't either.

Bit the bullet and rolled the firmware/boot up to 2.X and could now connect. I was at the 2.0.32 release and once I got the DNS, NTP and DDNS setting all set, it was working as expected. All the test buttons via RP worked and I was able to see valid results. Great.

So I read the 2.0.42 release notes and saw the basic fixes SPARS addressed. OK, let's go for it, since some were somewhat significant.

Everything updated fine and I went through all the normal dances with upgrading on Elk.....so now I'm playing around and hit the test buttons on the XEP config pages in RP. No results and control disconnects, appears the XEP is rebooting upon these commands, on multiple machines and OS.....

Anyone else experience these issues? I'm still having growing pains with RP 2.0.34 compared to the earlier version on a my main laptop not liking the serial adapter.

I had all your issues up until the ones you described on the 2.0.42 upgrade with an XEP I just deployed to my folks place.  It was a pretty big PITA, and I found myself crossing my fingers through most of it, but I have had no issues since it's been deployed (only a few weeks now).

To make it clear, I'm not having actual issues, however the test radio buttons in RP cause the unit to apparently reboot. Takes the ability to test the DDNS, NTP and I believe email via RP seem to cause it, in my case, with multiple machines.

Can't remember which FW the XEP I had in my stock was. I know my old one was 1.3 or 1.6.....the last supported Java revision and I was holding out for the 2.X until absolutely needed.

I probably should've gone conservative.....I'm sure I could roll back if I emailed Elk for the FW, but the release notes made it sound like they fixed a bunch.

Of course, I don't push the XEP hard, but playing around with the update parts is fun.

DELInstallations said:
I probably should've gone conservative.....I'm sure I could roll back if I emailed Elk for the FW, but the release notes made it sound like they fixed a bunch.

Of course, I don't push the XEP hard, but playing around with the update parts is fun.

The bolded above made me think... they probably did. And then made me wonder/ask... Are you running the latest version of ElkRP2? Maybe it's an issue on the software side... ???

My 2 laptops are 2.0.34 and my desktop is 2.0.24. I have a W7 machine that has zero issues, a W10 machine with zero issues and a corporate imaged W7 machine (RP doesn't like the serial) and a bunch of others have the same issue (varying flavors from Vista thru W10, various images and GP).

All 3 act the same when using the test radio buttons and I receive the error email from the XEP.

The win update is what broke my legacy XEP (solved) but in this case, I'm leaning hard towards Elk broke something in the .42 FW, as there weren't issues after I rolled an XEP up to the .24 FW from a first gen 2.X FW.

Back