omnitouch7 and IP cameras

foxhome

I have an Omnipro2 with 4 omnitouch7 units that I am trying to use to view  a camera. It is a Legrand video door intercom unit (analog) with a Legrand CM2001 IP encoder.
I can see the door camera via my PC and phone (local and external) via the IP address. I cannot get the Omni system to see it....touchscreen nor snaplink. Have tried to do this with a Mobitix camera and have actually installed the same system at my shop using the Legrand IP encoder...Omnipro2..and an Omnitouch7 with the same results. I also tried a snap AV WPS-300-ENP-1IP encoder with no luck. As stated I can access all three different camera systems via the web with internal and external IP and the respective phone apps.

So far the common factor is the Leviton system. Take it out of the loop and all is well. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. In addition the Legrand encoder will not load with IE.

I believe the OmniTouch7 will only display MJPEG video streams, where as other devices will likely display H.264 and/or other codecs.

Not really, the way I understand it everything works fine except when the HAI camera encoder is used. Ground it and it will work.

If the OP can see the encoded video, the issue is not the encoder or system ground. IP streams don't require a ground to work...if that were true, I'd have sites with anywhere from 200-2000 cameras that require a common system ground or to be bonded.

Issue would be related to the OP itself.

Possibly not grabbing the stream correctly. I'd look to see what the actual IP of the MJPEG stream is and try that vs. a straight IP. Also consider FW.

Guessing that what is in the camera PCA configuration is what is being tried and not working.    Wrote a bit of a thread on trying a variety of cameras with PCA and the Omnitouch 5.7. 

Try the lowest resolution that you can display IE: CIF which is 352 x 240.  Configure this in PCA.

Just noticed the rewrite of the camera stuff in the 4.X firmware.  It is totally different than in 3.16.  That said all of my stuff has continued to work with the transition of 3.16 to 4.XX.  It is a hodgepodge of direct IP connects to cameras, indirect connects to an Axis server, indirect connects to my ZM box, et al. 

It it the same as before with JPG and MJPG only connectivity.  NO RTSP or ONVIF.  All of my video CCTV cameras and software have always output JPG / MJPG plus other stuff.

New thing now is (well old) is AHD which is analog high definition.  IE: using old RG59 cable via an analog HD output.  This is ideal for older coaxial camera updating without running network cables.  Here originally ran rg cable plus power (siamese) and catXX cable.  I moved the analog RG to analog catxx baluns a while ago...then moved the catxx baluns to networked POE.

The Omnitouch 5.7e views have stayed the same with 4:3 small displays within the main camera displays.  The Omnitouch 5.7 serial connections are the same as before and continue to work.  Here back feeding video via the Omnitouch video hub and a combo digital to analog box from Grandstream.  Bringing the new to the old.  Video is so so but works fine.  The Omnitouch 5.7 main stuff is via a serial connection and video is direct analog via other wires going to the touchscreen.

drvnbysound said:
I believe the OmniTouch7 will only display MJPEG video streams, where as other devices will likely display H.264 and/or other codecs.

Hope this can help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g03JCEQHCWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XMI22WWT4c

Here over the years I continued to utilize the HAI video / touchscreen panel for the analog camera views on the Omnitouch 5.7 (serial screens) and it worked will.

For the conversion to digital from the analog cameras used a Grandstream encoder / decoder.  That worked well with my Omnitouch 5.7e's.

I also went from using a software combo with video capture card (ZM) to using Axis servers in the conversion of analog to digital.

In the years of Leviton / HAI firmware updates the base codecs capture remained the same with only still capture use and mjpeg captures.  No other updates.

Back