Outdoor UNO-S2

Has anyone ever installed a UNO-S2 (or any other dual gang sized controller) outdoors? If so, what sort of weather resistant cover did you put over it? I'm looking for something decorative, and haven't found much besides the Top Greener 661301-SS Electrical Outlet Receptacle. Even after extensive modification with a Dremel, it doesn't fit super well.

Что такое aeytovaresch возможно это вам знакомо они ответят вам. aeytovaresch прикольный канал ютуба Youtube. сотни прикольных интересных видео на самом популярном канале ютуб, вы увидите все видео на канале aeytovaresch бесплатно. Если вы хотите. Зарегистрируйтесь и получите полный доступ видео Youtube. Это очень просто это интересно и это бесплатно Ютуб всегда с вами и всегда для вас на канале aeytovaresch .ne,t.

aeytovaresch-youtube мтс aeytovaresch-youtube мтс video лада веста МТС мегафон смотреть видео мтс xtclQDVIYJI
youtube.com

О сервисе Прессе Правообладателям Авторам Рекламодателям Разработчикам +YouTube
Условия использования Конфиденциальность Правила и безопасность Отправить отзыв Новые функции © 2017 YouTube, LLC
https://youtube.com/user/aeytovaresch

I have not, but am planning for a Russound system in our current home which we purchased Sept. of last year. Having said that, I don't plan to have a controller outside, but rather plan to use my phone with the Russound app. I do plan to have a few keypads in select rooms inside though. 

Personally here put the controller next to the deck door.  I could have installed it opposite on the outside wall with an overhang but it is brick.

In the house installed a LV box next to each of the light switches in every room with speakers with original installation on the second floor and the first floor and garage.  Neighbor did install one next to his patio door in brick on a patio which lead to the pool area. 

These were KPL's rather than Uno S2's in 4X4 LV trim rings. 

I did add more outdoor electrical outlets in the brick and it was a pita to chisel 1/2 of a brick to fit a metal box in it. 

Don't have much of a choice here because the builder ran the cat5 for the keypad through the "stucco" right next to the back door in a very noticeable location outside. It is positioned under an overhang and wouldn't get much direct rain or snow, but it does get an impressive dose of direct sunlight, and needs to be covered. Now I COULD have installed a UNO-S1 if I'd been thinking, and probably widened my cover options dramatically, but I didn't think of that before I sawed a dual gang sized hole in the outside wall (fortunately no brick involved). So there you have it, I have to make this look good and protect the UNO.
I'm hoping someone does this all the time, and has a secret weapon.

Is the stucco dryvit?

Maybe you could do some recessed thing with a matching stucco like cover... 

As previously stated, it would have probably been better if I had purchased a UNO-S1 on eBay and put it behind something like this
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1091]
, which are readily available. This would offer good water resistance and better sun protection.

What I did was put it behind a sliding cover, which doesn't offer good water resistance, but does provide some sun resistance, and which allowed me to use my UNO-S2. I have pictures of it open and closed below. As you can see I had to modify the cover with a Dremel before it would fit the UNO-S2, which it still does not do perfectly. As the picture also shows, I damaged the stucco patch, which will need repair.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1093]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1092]

Googling some more here found that Arlington has some nice boxes that would still work for you.

DBVS2C-1.jpg

I know you have done some work already.  This might cover up the chip on the bottom and it is waterproof and sun proof.

Interesting. I saw a "Russound" single gang enclosure somewhere which looks very similar, but hadn't found the dual gang enclosure. The clear cover probably doesn't provide enough sun resistance for me, I get full summer afternoon sun, I'm sure the controller will discolor pretty quickly.

Back