Smarthings > ISY... Is integration with M1-XEP Possible?

I am about to put my ISY on ebay.  In ONE EVENING I was able to fully connect every zwave lock, switch, thermostat, sensor in my house.  Even Energy monitoring using AEON's crappy clamp sensors.  Smart Things, which is now on sale for $50 everywhere absolutely kills ISY.  I'm sorry to say that, but it's true.  There is no comparison.  

Plus, in one night it integrates with everything I already have.  Echo Dot... Just say, Alexa turn on the light.  Harmony Hub, push a button on the phone and your stereo configures itself.   Geofencing is seamless.  I can go on and on.  

So, The remaining frustration is having simple integration with the ELK.  Unfortunately tech support at Elk had not heard of smarthings, so I'll search for answers here.

Attachments

• IMG_4770.PNG
    IMG_4770.PNG
    57.1 KB · Views: 24
How scalable is Smart Things? I have 135 physical devices on my ISY (a lot more if you count each controller button as a device). How good is it at programming and managing Insteon stuff?

upstatemike said:
How scalable is Smart Things? I have 135 physical devices on my ISY (a lot more if you count each controller button as a device). How good is it at programming and managing Insteon stuff?
From what I've read, the max number of devices is 232.  You're right on the insteon stuff though, however after I had half of my insteon die over a couple year period (5-10 years ago (maybe it's better now).. I personally switched out 100% to zwave and have been happy.  Plus, they are only 30-45 bucks...

I know the attachment to isy, and I had it for quite a while.  However if you guys saw how slick my iphone is and how simple it is to customize and program what you want your house to do you'd understand. 

This is the aeon cheap version 2 energy monitor.  It's programed to reset at midnight, calculate cost, and will create a graph into a google spreadsheet.

Attachments

• IMG_4814.PNG
    IMG_4814.PNG
    95.4 KB · Views: 17
This is a nearly free app that links into everything and allows a tablet to be the control center, including nest camera and all others as far as I know.  From what I've read, this is not a big deal at all to get up and running.

Attachments

• SmartThings-SmartTiles.jpg
    SmartThings-SmartTiles.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 25
Looks nice but I don't think Z-Wave would work for me. All metal boxes and conduit with lathe and plaster walls (plus a few stone ones thrown in). I don't think I would have the same good experience with it that you do.

Back