Upgrading firmware on Elk M1 Gold components

ajgyomber

Hello Everyone,

I have an M1 Gold that I'd like to upgrade to the most recent bootware/firmware but I'm not sure how to proceed. I have an M1EXP, M1XRF2G and an M1KP2. Can someone advise the correct order in which I should upgade? Also, isn't a version of the M1 firmware no longer compatible with the M1XRF2G? Please see attached screenshot for devices bootware and firmware versions.

Thanks in advance!

--AJ

Attachments

• 2017-09-22 10_00_09-TV01-WKS-010 - Windows 10 x64 (Creators Update 1703).png
    2017-09-22 10_00_09-TV01-WKS-010 - Windows 10 x64 (Creators Update 1703).png
    56.4 KB · Views: 17
I think usually it is ElkRP/Bootware/Firmware/Modules but follow the instructions in the release notes for the versions you are upgrading to.

Albert Gyomber said:
Hello Everyone,

I have an M1 Gold that I'd like to upgrade to the most recent bootware/firmware but I'm not sure how to proceed. I have an M1EXP, M1XRF2G and an M1KP2. Can someone advise the correct order in which I should upgade? Also, isn't a version of the M1 firmware no longer compatible with the M1XRF2G? Please see attached screenshot for devices bootware and firmware versions.

Thanks in advance!

--AJ

The current/latest firmware level for the M1 is 5.3.10.  The latest bootware is 3.3.6, which you appear to have.

You're correct that support has been dropped for the M1XRF2G, starting with level 5.3.x.  But the M1XRFEG is still supported..

If you want to keep using the M1XRF2G, the last firmware level that supported it is 5.2.10.

Unless you are having a problem, or there is a known bug that you need to avoid by doing an upgrade, the usual recommendation is to leave things alone.

Can't remember, but I believe the M1 can only be firmware upgraded to a certain level if a RF2G is installed on it.....I'd have to dig through the release notes.

Back