8 replies to this topic

#1 BraveSirRobbin

BraveSirRobbin

Cocoonut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7394 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

Inovelli now provides Z-Wave light switches for your home automation projects!  Their switches are an attractive solution for your automated light switching needs in they do not require that you purchase a 'companion' switch for three-way lighting applications.  You can use the existing switch for the companion.  Since the switch costs around $30 this is an attractive choice that our forum members should consider.

Click here to view the article

Edited by BraveSirRobbin, 05 January 2018 - 04:04 PM.

#2 myyaz33

myyaz33

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

Does anyone know if these support instant status and can control other zwave devices with multiple taps?

#3 BraveSirRobbin

BraveSirRobbin

Cocoonut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7394 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

Does anyone know if these support instant status and can control other zwave devices with multiple taps?

I just did a test with HomeSeer (running on a HomeTroller Zee S2).

I looked at the status of the device and turned the switch on and off manually.  The status updated correctly in under a second.

I also did a test event that turned off another light when the Inovelli device "Changed and turned to ON".  When I turned the Inovelli switch on manually, the event did indeed trigger.

As far as controlling with 'multiple taps', the switch I ordered for this review did not support that BUT, I recently ordered three more that advertised this feature and I'll be testing that switch hopefully in the next week or two.

Edited by BraveSirRobbin, 14 January 2018 - 10:35 AM.

#4 myyaz33

myyaz33

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

Excellent. Thank you for doing that.  I am looking at all new Gen 5 switches to replace the various ACT and GE switches and these seem comparable to the Homeseer ones.

#5 Work2Play

Work2Play

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 4877 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:Elve
  • Hardware:Elk M1, RUC-01
  • Tech:X10-RF, UPB
  • Audio:AirPlay
  • Video:XBMC
  • CCTV:ip, dvr
  • Phone:3CX, Asterisk, FreePBX, Grandstream, Ooma

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

The automation bug bites again! 

#6 myyaz33

myyaz33

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

The automation bug bites again! 

It beats bed bugs!!

#7 BraveSirRobbin

BraveSirRobbin

Cocoonut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7394 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:03 AM

I recently installed some more Inovelli switches.  They are dimmers with status and on/off (relay) switches, both with the 'scene enabled' feature (my original review did not have this feature).

I can verify that HomeSeer will see the multiple taps on both the 'up' and 'down' switch presses.  To test this I created events and had them trigger with a certain number of taps and the events indeed triggered properly.

I used the dimmers on standard lights and the relay with fluorescent lighting (in laundry room and garage).  One of these on/off switches was configured as a standard three-way and I used my original switch for the 'slave' as described in the review article's PDF file.

I'm far from an expert in Z-Wave as I just installed my first switch a month ago, but I'm impressed with the quality and price of these Inovelli switches.  Of course, time will tell of their longevity.

#8 myyaz33

myyaz33

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

I like these but those darn new Homeseer switches  (200 series) with the different colored led status lights are quite appealing 

#9 BraveSirRobbin

BraveSirRobbin

Cocoonut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7394 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

I just installed one of those a couple of days ago for my dining room lights.  I would have had a review, but that switch requires you to install a Beta version of their Z-Wave plugin (you will not have the color change support) which I would rather not do at this time (I want released versions only).

EDIT: Released version out today, downloaded it and am now starting to test this new switch

Edited by BraveSirRobbin, 02 February 2018 - 12:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users