I use strangely enough 'putty' which is a free ssh client for windows but it also can do serial connections. It's simple to use. You'll need to disable hardware flow control.
Also, you need to type '>' as in the example above:
It's not a prompt but rather part of the command.
I was able to able t send the N10, SS,98,1,255 command and would get a E000, response from my lock and finally a X000 saying command was accepted but locks would not lock or unlock.
I also issue N10,SS,98,2 to get status of the lock but status was coming back with either 231 or 66 instead of 255 and 0. Even though I did the RS232 associations through the Leviton installler tool, I was starting to think it could have been something to do with that. I tried to issue an association through the command line using Putty terminal program but it did not fix my problem.
The other thing that was interesting was when including my Zwave devices, it skipped over ID 9 so I might have had some other problems with my setup.
So I decided to start over.
- Excluded all devices on the zwave network
- Reset my Leviton USB controller to erase everything
- Created a new network file
- Included the VRCOP (ID2) in new network
- Added the Kwikset locks (ID3 and 4)
- Setup RS232 associations with my controller (ID2)
- Tested locks by issuing N3,SS,98,1,255 and N4,SS,98,1,255. This time they did work!!!
- Added a couple of my Leviton switches to the network
- Retested locks by issuing N3,SS,98,1,255 and N4,SS,98,1,255. This time they did not work
- Went into associations and remove and readd associations RS232 to the controller (ID2)
- Tested locks by issuing N3,SS,98,1,255 and N4,SS,98,1,255. This time they did work again
Not sure why I lost my associations but when I added additions switches it continued to work. Not sure if this is a bug or I did something wrong.
Still a little shaky on associations but from what I understand is the association are at the lock, switch...etc rather than than at the controller so you need to be close to the device when making these association. Does that sound correct?
For none leviton devices, do you have to always set the associations?
I also have a 4 scene controller (Leviton VRCS4) that I have not added. Are there anything special things that needs to be done when adding an additional controller to the network?
Thank You for the help