HAI Omni LT smoke alarm setup

GeezerLady

Hey, just in case someone else has this problem I thought I would edit my post and post the solution. I was having the problem my smoke alarms were not calling in to the monitoring company. Apparently there is a long delay and if you let them go off long enough they do eventually call in.

GeezerLady said:
Hey, just in case someone else has this problem I thought I would edit my post and post the solution. I was having the problem my smoke alarms were not calling in to the monitoring company. Apparently there is a long delay and if you let them go off long enough they do eventually call in.
The dialout delay is adjustable and you can turn it off. There are different schools-of-thought here. Some say make it zero and if you have a false alarm, you can just tell the alarm company when they call. Some make it 30 seconds so you have a chance to deactivate it if its a false alarm. Its your choice.

There is also a setting for "verify fire alarm" which will reset a fire alarm and only report it if a second alarm occurs. Unless this is required by your local location, I would turn that off, as it does add some delay. 

So unless you are really worried about false alarms, turn "verify fire alarm" off, and put the dial-out delay to 0.

Back