• PipPipPipPip
  • 1725 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Premise
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:X10-RF, Z-Wave, Custom
  • Phone:OBi100/110

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

I am thinking the safest way might be to setup a cloud service with Google or AWS and have it act as a middle man between Premise and IFTTT, adding a long hash to the URL that acts as a password.

I am not a web developer and don't work in the tech industry so maybe I am missing something, but at least then the Premise webserver isn't wide open.

I'm not sure why the webhook action can't let us edit the header.  It has OPTION as a possible method, but no where to put the header information?  That is how I fixed this issue before when I setup my custom Alexa skill on AWS.

Hmm, having the same issues as Ellery now.  Hate to give up the security though since it's wide open then.

#17 samgreco

samgreco

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, UPB
  • Audio:Xantech
  • Video:SageTV
  • Phone:FreePBX

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

Did you every get this to work Ellery?  I'm just not grasping the Webhooks part, I guess.  So if you got it working, please post how.  I learn best by example :)

#18 etc6849

etc6849

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1725 posts
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:X10-RF, Z-Wave, Custom
  • Phone:OBi100/110

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:48 PM

I'm not going to run things without any security (it does work then). Someday I will setup a go between website using a cloud service and may use it then.

Hopefully Google comes to their senses and opens up their API instead of having people use this half baked option. It is better than nothing so it is neat Google worked with IFTTT to open things up some, but I'm going to keep using Echo dots for now.

If someone gets IFTTT webhooks talking to Premise using a username and password, hopefully they post it.

samgreco, on 08 Apr 2018 - 18:43, said:
Did you every get this to work Ellery? I'm just not grasping the Webhooks part, I guess. So if you got it working, please post how. I learn best by example :)

Edited by etc6849, 18 April 2018 - 01:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users