12 replies to this topic

#1 SJHart

SJHart

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

I was told that these cameras work with HAI OP2.  Is anyone using them and if so, how are you setting them up?  Thanks.  SJ

#2 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 8507 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Main Lobby, Open Source Automation
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II, Mi Casa Verde Vera, Ocelot
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, UPB, INSTEON, Z-Wave, ZigBee, 1-Wire, xAP, xPL, ALC
  • Audio:Russound
  • Video:MythTV
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr
  • Phone:Asterisk, FreePBX, Ooma, POTS, VoIP via ISP

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:09 AM

Use HTML browser link for a jpg/mjpg capture then use the link in PCA.

Read the camera manual for what you need to put in your browser to capture a jpg/mjpg stream.

Well now see a test button which I have never noticed before....

Note that here utilize ZM as my CCTV DVR.

Attached File  pca-camera.jpg   74.07K   2 downloads

#3 SJHart

SJHart

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:53 AM

The camera manual has nothing about which browser link to use. I’ve sent a note to their support to get additional info. Thought someone might be using these IP cameras. SJ

#4 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 8507 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

Typically every HD IP camera manual I have looked at does give instructions how how to access the camera mjpeg via HTML.  

Mostly all HD IP cameras output either MJPEG or RTSP.  OmniPro can only stream MJPEG.

They are mostly the same except for the unique OS per camera and access to the streams historically didn't follow any standards and most recently they are starting to follow standards.

Looking at the Speco IP HD manual just shows how to utilize the interface to the camera.

Just google the camera and model number for the specific commands for a JPG or MJPEG capture command.

A quick search...

1 - set the camera video to output Video Display: MJPEG

2 - use this line to capture:

admin:[email protected]/cgi-bin/cmd/system?GET_STREAM=VIDEO&USER=admin&PWD=password

#5 SJHart

SJHart

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:00 PM

Didn’t work, but thanks for the help. Support documentation is weak. Here is the model:

http://www.specotech...tem/1188-o3vld1

The folks at Worthington told me this model works with a OP2. Ive sent them a note asking how......

#6 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 8507 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:46 PM

Check this site out for the specific HTML link to your camera..typically most of the Speco IP camera URLs are similiar.

Speco IP camera URL

or this one...

How to connect to your Speco IP camera

#7 SJHart

SJHart

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:19 AM

Thanks. I’ve already been to those sites and can’t get it to work for some reason. Was hoping someone on this forum who was actually using one of their cameras. SJ

#8 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 8507 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:42 AM

Yes in a quickie review of posts here on the forum thinking you may be the only user here on the forum using the Speco cameras for PCA.

Many many years ago here purchased a few Speco SD (analogue) domes in bulk and manually upgraded the cameras to IP purchasing a la carte camera boards.  Over time though did notice my domes faded a bit with exposure to the outside.  (3-4 years?).  The Speco domes / housing were well built.  I did prefer the build of the Optex outdoor cameras as weather had no effect on the plastic at all.

Thinking the only hard switch you need to do on the web configuration gui of the camera is changing the video stream from RTSP to MJPEG.

Here to I utilize VLC media player to test the stream(s).  Once that it works you can read the info relating to the stream in VLC and just do a copy and past.  VLC runs in Linux, Windows or iOS.  Default web browser here is Firefox on whatever OS.  You can do properties of the stream with Firefox and do a copy and paste from there too.

Many IP camera companies post the API stuff of their cameras and many keep them private unreleased and many folks just guess the links.

While also many folks connect their cameras to a software or hardware DVR's and utilize the DVR proxy for one IP to many cameras.

Once that you validate the stream and input it to PCA and update PCA you have to reboot your OmniTouch screen to get the configuration from PCA.  It is not a dynamic change.  What is nice is that the PCA camera interface has been adjusted for multiple types of camera mjpeg streams.  Originally the configuration was axis OS like but a propietary HAI axis OS.

#9 SJHart

SJHart

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:48 AM

I’m running the camera with DVR software running on my Mac. Works fine along with my other cameras. I also can stream from the DVR to my IOS devices (with their app). It’s getting this specific camera connected to PC access that is my issue. SJ

#10 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 8507 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:33 AM

The DVR software typically massages (and proxies) the stream from whatever camera OS and converts it to be viewable to one device whether that is a PC (whatever OS) or a Smartphone (whatever OS).

That said nowadays the typical stream is RTSP which is totally different than the old MJPEG stream of yesteryear.  Many IP camera MFGs have abandoned the MJPEG streaming in the OS's.  Some allow for concurrent RTSP and MJPEG streaming.

On your new Speco cameras you have a switch to utilize either RTSP or MJPEG but not both.  When you switch I would reboot the camera anyhow.

Leviton / HAI built in CCTV stuff was originally written for primarily Axis SD servers or Cameras doing MJPEG streaming.  On current Omni panel they removed the propietary Axis stuff to a more general MJPEG streaming format...only that is old now a days.

Here such that old would play with new on my Omnitouch 5.7 and 5.7e screens initially used the HAI combo CCTV / Touchscreen hub, Axis camera server, ZM box and a device which converts IP to analog or analog to IP per camera stream with any camera that I used.  This was a PITA to do just to make it work with my Omnitouch screens.  That said the PCA CCTV configuration today is universal for only MJPEG streams of old and not new RTSP streaming.  Best viewing though here is utilizing HAI's custom Omnitouch designer software or a 3rd party Omni application touch screen (IE: like Homeseer Touch and Homeseer touch designer).

Try to shut off security on your new Speco cameras, test the streaming with VLC / browser (Firefox) then copy the MJPEG stream URL to the PCA camera configuration.

Look too at what Leviton / HAI sells relating to CCTV today for the OmniPro panel.  It used to be propietary Axis and looking at the last camera (years ago) it might have switched to a rebranded Grandstream camera. 

Googling Leviton web site today see: (this is not a Leviton camera but rather another MFG camera rebranded with the name Leviton.)

Attached File  leviton.jpg   37.25K   0 downloads

• Camera provides MJPEG real time streaming and H.264 main profile codec for a high resolution digital broadcast
  • Built-in web server and network interface makes camera accessible from anywhere with a network connection
  • Power over ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) feature reduces cost of cabling and installation
  • Weatherproof dongle cable for outdoor use
  • Leviton Part Number: SU683

Over the years (~20 now) have dealt with Worthington and they have an excellent support infrastructure.  They will provide you with the settings on your camera for MJPEG streaming and the exact link to be used in PCA for your new Speco camera.

#11 SJHart

SJHart

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for the info.  Finally got it work.  Tried several of the streaming options.  I now have the main stream set as MJPEG (1920x1080) and the sub-stream to H264.H.  PC Access seems to like it using "User Defined JPEG".  Used the format http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx.../snapshot.cgi?1 (with id and password in PC Access).  My DVR software is using ONVIF compatible driver.  SJ

#12 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 8507 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

Good news!!!

Standards relating to this stuff are still sort of proprietary with every camera doing their own OS.

Old PC Access was mostly propietary to the HAI CCTV stuff which was rebranded Axis stuff.  Old Axis stuff was only MJPEG and only SD analog resolution.  There is a big difference in CPU (or smart phone streaming) between SD, 1/2 HD and HD streaming and streaming outside of your home network.  Here you may want to address frames per second and resolution that is satisfactory for viewing on a WAN link whether that is a computer, tablet or cell phone.

The only common formats for streaming today are MJPEG (sort of going away) and RTSP.  The camera MFGs doing it different ways.

They are now getting better with ONVIF.  It's been years in the making and while the standards were documented the MFGs would tweak their ONVIF a bit.

They will be getting there over time.

#13 SJHart

SJHart

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

In case someone reads this thread with these cameras, here is what I got from Speco techs:

First, set the sub stream to MJPEG in the web settings. Then do this in Chrome or Firefox, not IE:
http://<ip>/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=1&subtype=1 or http://<ip>/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?&subtype=1

and from Worthington:

You have to make sure the substream is set to MJPEG and then you can use following string: http://<ip>/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?&subtype=1

Different from what I got to work. Lol. I may try these also. SJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users