PulseWorx

upstatemike

Just got this in my mail today... old news?

"As a previous Automated Outlet customer you know they have been a great PCS UPB/PulseWorx distributor for over 10 years. But as Automated Outlet is closing, if you are a UPB installer or user, we would like to invite you to begin  purchasing PulseWorx/UPB products directly from PCS. Companies and individuals can open an account with PCS for a single purchase or to establish an on-going relationship."

I got the email above and a follow up,  From someone named Marshall Lester.   Seems fishy, might be a scam of some sort or something underhanded.   I wouldn't click on any of the links...

Update on the last email. I do not know of specific plans for Automated Outlet closing. I know that Automated Outlet has consolidated locations and they are still open for business.

There's nothing fishy - other than PCS making an announcement that I don't think AO intended...  but the email was legitimate.  In the AO Vendor thread on CT Martin confirms that they're consolidating locations. He doesn't explicitly say they're closing, or deny it - in fact his comment insinuated that it wouldn't be long.

For what it's worth, the other stocking distributor is HomeControls.com who I've been using for well over 10 years and have always been very happy with them. 

Here received the same two emails from PCS relating to AO.  First one at 9 AM and second one later on.

Marshall Lester is the CEO of PCS.  From an email a couple of weeks ago....

Thank you for your participation. Your feedback and opinion is very valuable to us.
Sincerely,
Marshall Lester, CEO
Powerline Control Systems, Inc.

I did sign up for the PCS dealer program a few months back. 

Personally have recommended UPB to newbie automation peers when they ask me about lightning automation.

Met CT Martin a couple of times at the EHExpos in FL.  His group would join us automators for dinner in the early 2000's.

One year we had a small get together at an automator's home on Merritt Island. 

Automator home had a great view of Cape Kennedy and Cape Canaveral.  Thinking today automator is in his 80's and still automating.

Martin was there that night...very pleasant person.

I can't comment on PulseWorx, but I called AO today to purchase more ELK equipment - and they told me they no longer sell ELK products. 

I used AO in the past and was happy to use them again. Not sure now which retailer I should use to source my ELK products from. 

Noticed the mention of homecontrols.com earlier in the thread - and will check them out.

I have accounts with ASI, HomeControls, AutomatedOutlet, etc - HomeControls is actually my favorite, but I did switch to AO for a while when they were highly active here and on CT's chat and I got to interact with their employees regularly.  That said, HomeControls is stable and I like them a lot.  You can also try SmartHome.com - I've poked around with them a bit and they too are larger and more stable.

Here only have dealt with Worthington and Automated Outlet.  Worthington was the first company I dealt with.  I liked their customer service and did purchase my first HAI Omni Pro panel from them.

Met Martin (friendly chap) at a few EHExpos and started to purchase from AO.

Back