3 replies to this topic

#1 BraveSirRobbin

BraveSirRobbin

Cocoonut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7471 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

I'm running OpenVPN on my iPhone 6-Plus (latest iOS) and it works great except for one flaw.  The app doesn't stay 'running/connected'.  This is a problem as my Geofency info doesn't get passed to my HomeSeer server (Zee S2).

It seems random as to why this closes.  In other words, it isn't always when the phone 'sleeps'.

Anyone know of a way to keep this app running?

#2 homeo087

homeo087

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:21 AM

I have the same problem on my apple tv. I was running the open VPN on my apple tv3 and it works so well. Suddenly, I noticed, the network fluctuated and my apple tv won't connect to the internet like before. I was so frustrated. Do you have any solution for this?

#3 sic0048

sic0048

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1605 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:CQC
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:CentraLite
  • Audio:B&K
  • Video:SageTV
  • CCTV:ip, dvr
  • Phone:Asterisk, FreePBX, OBi100/110

Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

I'm an Android guy, but I have to assume iOS has some battery management going on with regard to it's apps.  I assume by default it will put an app "to sleep" after a period of inactivity.  With Android I can change the battery management an a per app basis to change this default handling.  Is there an iOS comparable setting?

#4 ano

ano

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3545 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II
  • Tech:UPB, ZigBee
  • Audio:HAI
  • Phone:Ooma

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

I use ExpressVPN on iOS which does support OpenVPN as a protocol. Once I turn it on it stays turned on, through sleep and most else. I remember maybe twice over a period of many years where it would just turn off by itself for no reason.  There is an icon on the top that tells you its on so you just have to watch that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users