Leviton OmniPro or Omni Family Future?

Does any one know what is the OmniPro, Omni IIe and Omni Lte Future?
Leviton has not upgraded the firmware for so long, or having any news from a year ago or more.

Is Leviton focusing only on Decora Smart??

Particullary I like so much integrate prohect with Omni family controllers, but I can guess Leviton is not doing any effort to improve them.

What is your opinnion ???

Welcome to the Cocoontech Forum HogarDigital.

I do not have an opinion. 

I have posted a wish list as other forum users have relating to the future of the Leviton HAI Omni Family.

My OmniPro 2 (2) stuff is over 10 year old and continues to work as designed..just keeps on ticking...I am a happy camper...

Just noticed on a visit to local big box store that there is no Leviton stuff there these days and now it's all Legrand.

I'm building a new house and using an OmniPro II. Yes, they haven't updated it in a very long time. A rumor somewhere was that they are working on a successor. I have no link or corroboration to that. For my needs I really don't care. I like the OmniPro II, had one in my last house, it was rock solid reliable and am comfortable with it. My integration needs are also simple (no voice, etc) and I'm more of a set it and forget it kind of guy. I don't really want to fiddle with it endlessly.

It works great, and I for one are happy they aren't upgrading it all the time, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  My car and my TV also both work fine without monthly updates,they do their job. Updates occur when products are rushed to market before they are ready, or in products like phones where people constantly upgrade and every maker has to stay ahead of the competition. Neither of those apply to the OmniPro II.

The question should be, does the OmniPro II do what I need it to do? Its always VERY risky to buy any product if you need a feature that doesn't already exist. Buying a product because you "expect" a feature in the future will only lead you to much disappointment.

jeditekunum said:
I decided against OmniPro II and Elk for my new home under construction. I'm putting in Loxone.
Interesting.  I looked at their site, some pretty expensive items.  How 'cloud based' dependent is this system?  I noticed they have a 'caller' service that you have to have a service for. Can the system do notifications of this nature on its own?

BraveSirRobbin said:
Interesting.  I looked at their site, some pretty expensive items.  How 'cloud based' dependent is this system?  I noticed they have a 'caller' service that you have to have a service for. Can the system do notifications of this nature on its own?

It can get expensive. It can get too proprietary if you go with their tree devices. My home is under construction so I don't have a lot of experience with it yet. I decided to not go their proprietary way. I'm using DMX for dimming and another solution for switch input (events can be fed into what they call virtual inputs over ethernet); my Loxone setup will be a MiniServer as the "master controller" and a DMX Extension, nothing more. (And to be honest, I will likely replace even that with a custom solution in the future.)

I don't intend to use any of their cloud services. Its trivial to use virtual outputs to push events out over ethernet. There is a customization language (PicoC). I know there are alternatives to their weather service and I'd be surprised if there weren't alternatives for the other services including notifications and email.

One thing to be aware of is that they don't have the certifications to be a full blown alarm panel or smoke alarm in the USA. I'm going to interface to a dumb (and cheap) DSC or Honeywell panel. They also make a big deal about their HVAC control capability but it only works with older dumb systems with the traditional thermostat wiring - no direct support for the many modern "smart" HVAC systems and their proprietary control interfaces.

All of these systems have their pros & cons. As a software engineer with a moderate background in electronics, I'm not completely happy with any of the options in the market. My decision is basically the "least undesirable". I've already implemented my own "smart" switch system (see Advanced Central Switch Interface) and when I have more time available I will probably implement an entirely custom replacement for Loxone. Some people are looking at Node-Red as a potential graphical programming environment.

There is a Loxone Forum if anyone is interested.

I'm in a similar situation.  I have a 15 yo DSC PC5010, but cannot get the installer code and after suffering through a "Keypad lock out" recently I'm done not having full control of the panel.  So I'm thinking of replacing it with a DSC 1864 which looks inexpensive and a direct replacement while offering more features and support moving forward.  But I originally had wanted to replace the 5010 with a OmniPro2, but now see they are ~$1,250 ish.  I want to drive lighting automation based on events, have one system for remote access and thermonstats (I already am using OmniStat2's on both HVAC systems annticipating getting an HAI controller), etc.  Or add a Lumina Pro to the 1864?  I don't see them on many websites, are they still around and how much??  Amazon has one for $1,250...same as a new OmniPro2!

Which direction should I go..

You can pair Lumina’s and Lumina Pro with the DSC Powerseries controller. It’ll share all the sensor inputs with the Lumina that way.

Depending on the number of zones and devices you need, a Lumina is usually cheaper than a Pro or Omni.

cobra said:
You can pair Lumina’s and Lumina Pro with the DSC Powerseries controller. It’ll share all the sensor inputs with the Lumina that way.

Depending on the number of zones and devices you need, a Lumina is usually cheaper than a Pro or Omni.
Thanks, that helps.   So they are still making them?  Where is a good place to buy?

Amazon has it for $670 now.  I think it went on sale, I remember better prices.

Actually, Discount Home Automation has the Lumina Pro listed at $876 now, I'd probably just go with that unless you are trying to limit your budget.  You'll need a couple other parts to connect a DSC to it if you are planning to go that route.

Hi all 

I am new to the group and come from a purely electrical background. I purchased a home recently that has a  smart-home type system installed from what I gather it is Leviton Omnipro 2 with Omnistat 2 Thermostats and remote sensors 
The security keypad in the basement is Omni Automation (HAI) all doors and windows have contacts and all areas  have wall mounted
I-pads using Haiku as an interface with the Omnipro 2 controllers. There is also a network switch with several access points throughout the house 
It looks like a very professional installation however I have no passwords and therefore I have no way of getting he system up an running. Any suggestions for a good tech in the NY Westchester County area lastly I have no way of contacting the previous owner for info although I do have the Techs notes on zones contacts etc.  
I really appreciate any help 

Welcome to the group, Eire!

You might find the posts in this old thread informative.  There's a chance the default installer code was never changed.  But otherwise, your best (only?) bet would be to send the board back to HAI for a reset.

Hi Ral.

I’m new to the forum so have limited posting ability.and cannot contact members directly. This is a wonderful site
I’m an electrical contractor in the city and Westchester. I see your from Rhinebeck
Are you or do you know any tech familiar with omnipro2 and haiku that would be willing to take a look. Not looking for a favor I’ll gladel6 compensate.

Regards

Brian

Hi Eire

I'm a DIYer, and know a bit about the Omni Pro 2 because I researched it quite well 5 years ago when I was choosing an alarm panel.  In the end, I went with the Elk M1, so I don't have any hands-on experience with the OP2.

I don't know of any local folks with OP2 experience, but that doesn't mean there aren't any around.

One thing you could try is calling some of the local distributors of Leviton/HAI products and see if they can give you pointers to installers who buy from them.

Here's a link to locate Leviton distributors.  http://www.leviton.com/en/wheretobuy

Back