Hello C0coontech Nation,
I've been searching the forum over the last few weeks and been researching which components I need for my Elk M1 install. After searching I need a sanity check as well as a couple questions answered before I order parts.
My system wants are as follows:
1. Alarm with wireless sensors (Home is from the 70's and not pre wired). Thinking Honewell wireless adapter.
2. Keypads, 2 KPB's and a KPAS. Do I still need an extra speaker for voice with KPB's? If so, am I better off buying the KP2's since a speaker can be located behind them?
3. For lighting control I plan to use UPB so I'm planning on the ELKPCSPIM module
4. I'd like to control my landscape lighting and irrigation. (8 zones for irrigation and no more than 8 zone for lighting). M1XOVR or M1RB?
5. Would like internet alarm monitoring with cell back up. I'm certain I need the M1XEP module but i'm a little fuzzy on what to use for a cellular backup. No LAN line.
6. Can you buy a M1 starter kit with a KPB or do they only offer a KP in the kit?
7. I used the current calculator and I was around 1.6 amps with all the components. Do I get another TRG1640 that comes with the kits or is there another option?
8. As for battery backup I'd like to have 8 hours worth. Do the larger batteries all fit on the same mounting shelf?
9. I'm planning on a 28" can just to be sure.
I know this is a long post but your help is greatly appreciated. There are some components I left out like the M1DBH because I know I need them. If there are any suggestions regarding power and component mounting, any feedback is welcome.
I thank you for your time and can't wait to get started!