• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:Custom
  • Hardware:Custom
  • Tech:Custom

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:18 AM

In reading the COSMOD2W manual I noticed this jewel: "Note: CO Trigger may only be used with UL 864 panels that have been evaluated to confirm CO services".

I know others here have used this with Elk and older DSC. I haven't found that either are UL 864 listed. Nor is my UltraSync.

I'm doing new home construction so will have to pass AHJ. Should I abandon using hardwired CO and just go with plug-in units?

#2 lanbrown

lanbrown

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:06 PM

If you're worried about it but still want that, why not have have the wiring run but just don't the equipment installed?  Then you don't have to worry about the AHJ.

#3 toddimt

toddimt

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:46 AM

In reading the COSMOD2W manual I noticed this jewel: "Note: CO Trigger may only be used with UL 864 panels that have been evaluated to confirm CO services".

I know others here have used this with Elk and older DSC. I haven't found that either are UL 864 listed. Nor is my UltraSync.

I'm doing new home construction so will have to pass AHJ. Should I abandon using hardwired CO and just go with plug-in units?

That is only if you use the co2 trigger. Not if you are just using the co2 alarm connection. Do you have multiple COSMOD2W's in your installation? 

Wondering what your setup is that this would be a concern?

I have one COSMOD2W that I have in my system that I am still installing. Currently 2 detectors are hooked up and will have a total of 8 when I tie in the wiring and replace the detectors from my current Napco Panel. 

#4 jeditekunum

jeditekunum

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:Custom
  • Hardware:Custom
  • Tech:Custom

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:49 AM

That is only if you use the co2 trigger. Not if you are just using the co2 alarm connection. Do you have multiple COSMOD2W's in your installation? 

Wondering what your setup is that this would be a concern?

I have one COSMOD2W that I have in my system that I am still installing. Currently 2 detectors are hooked up and will have a total of 8 when I tie in the wiring and replace the detectors from my current Napco Panel. 

I have 2x COSMOD2W so each floor has its own zone.

Experiments suggest that the COSMO2W will sound the CO even if the COSMOD2W is not triggered for CO (it will also sound fire without the fire trigger). I think I can avoid using the CO trigger as it seems to me that having the other COSMO2W's sound - on the same floor or all floors - is not required. That behavior is no different than multiple plugin CO detectors. Plus it actually audibly indicates which detector is going off.

The multiple COSMOD2W have other problems. A fire trigger causes a trouble signal. Which means reseting requires multiple resets to clear the fire and then all the troubles. I've got a mess of relays setup to try to fix all that but I haven't had time to wire them up and try it yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users