Haiku Can't restore Haiku to new iPhone

rsw686

Decided it was time to upgrade from my iPhone 6 to XS and the phone won't restore the app as it isn't available in the app store. I tried to restore an older ipa I had before Apple removed the app transfer purchases option and it isn't compatible with iOS 12. This is ridiculous considering my iPhone 6 is running iOS 12. I realize the app is no longer for sale, but why can't existing customers still restore their purchase? I'm totally pissed that I can't manage my OmniPro from my phone....

This is bad enough that I'm tempted to go back to my iPhone 6. Honestly I would purchase the app again if it was re-released to the app store. I use this app daily to arm / disarm, open / close the garage doors, etc. There isn't a replacement that has the same functionality. And yes I own the Space app as well.

I replaced my old iPhone with an X late last year. Backed up my old iPhone on iTunes and restored from that backup to the X. Assume the issue might be IOS 12? The app works perfect on my X. SJ

SJHart said:
I replaced my old iPhone with an X late last year. Backed up my old iPhone on iTunes and restored from that backup to the X. Assume the issue might be IOS 12? The app works perfect on my X. SJ

No, we upgraded my wife already on her X from iOS 11 to 12.  Haiku was already installed and it works fine after the upgrade to iOS 12.

The app definitely works on iOS 12, I had been running this on iOS12 beta and GA versions for quite a while.  This issue stems from the fact that Apple is no longer hosting the Haiku binary on their app store so when your migrate to a new phone and all the apps download from the app store, Haiku can't be installed.

Here is the key: If you have a device with Haiku installed DO NOT restore this device to factory settings or do a factory reset.  I did a mass upgrade of all devices in my house and now no more Haiku which sucks.

If someone has a device you are not using and Haiku is installed, I would like to borrow this (happy to pay shipping if required) so I can get a copy of the binary again to sideload back on my devices.  Once I get a copy of the Haiku binary, I am happy to share instructions on how to do this update (that does not involve jailbreaking).  

ferrarif1 said:
The app definitely works on iOS 12, I had been running this on iOS12 beta and GA versions for quite a while.  This issue stems from the fact that Apple is no longer hosting the Haiku binary on their app store so when your migrate to a new phone and all the apps download from the app store, Haiku can't be installed.

Here is the key: If you have a device with Haiku installed DO NOT restore this device to factory settings or do a factory reset.  I did a mass upgrade of all devices in my house and now no more Haiku which sucks.

Yes my previous iPhone 6 I upgraded to iOS 12 and Haiku works great. Starting with iOS 9 Apple did this app thinning stuff and no longer allows you transfer purchases with iTunes to backup your apps. I still have my old phone. If you tell me how to copy it off I will try it.

FWIW, it seems like the FREE "TouchMe Lisa" app works: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/touchme-lisa/id1103310571?mt=8

The app is localized in Spanish, but it appears you can edit most of the labels, which is pretty nice. I get the impression the company that makes the app does custom installs and configures all this stuff for their clients.

Here's what I did:
  • Launch the app
  • Click on the "Settings" gear in the lower right
  • Click on "Hogar" and select "Leviton (HAI)"
  • Click on "Edit"
  • Click on "Leviton (HAI)" again
  • Optionally, tap on the Name field and edit "Leviton (HAI)" to whatever your prefer (like OmniPro 2)
  • Enter your IP address (or host name), port number, and enter your private keys separated by dashes
    Note: if you are copy-and-pasting these from another app, be sure to hit Save after enter your private key A, as the app "restarts" on activation
  • Click "Save"
  • If you have more than one system, you can hit the "+" on this screen and create additional "Hogars" ("Homes")
  • Click on "Leviton (HAI)" icon on the bottom left
  • If you entered everything correctly, it should say "Loading..." for a few seconds, and then you should be able to click on "Estado del Controlador" ("State of the Controller") and see the status of your HAI system.
If you know Spanish, you can stop now. :D If not, continue on:
  • Click on "Edit"
  • Tap on "Estado" and change the name to "State" and the description to "Controller State"
  • Tap on "Seguridad" and change to "Security" and "Security Zones"
  • Tap on "Control" and change to "Units" and "Unit Control"
  • Tap on "Botones" and change to "Buttons" and "Scenes"
  • "Portón Automâtico" means "Automatic gate" and is a Macro. You can click the red "-" to remove it.
  • Tap on "Climatización" and change to "Thermostats" and "Climate control". Tap on the "Home" image and select something thermostat-looking, like one of the thermometers.
  • Tap on "Banderas" and change to "Flags" and "Controller Flags"
  • "Multimedia" appears to be some kind of special accessory. You can click the red "-" to remove it.
  • Tap on "Configuraciones de Usuario" and change to "User Settings" and "Configuration". (I'm not sure what this does...)
  • Tap on "Events" and change to "Events" and "System Events.
fyfFBaw.png

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any automatic configuration at all.

You have to follow a similar process for all your security zones, units, buttons, etc.!

However, if you go the Settings tab, there is an "Export Database" options that will export an SQLite database to your iCloud Drive. There is a similar "Import Database" option. Once you export the database, you can explore and modify it as desired. (I use http://www.sqlitepro.com).

nQuAbci.png

I just found this app and am interested in exploring the capabilities it (especially since it's free and appears very customizable!) so if there is another sub-forum where we should be discussing it, let me know.

Thanks for your post.  I recently downloaded the Lisa app as well, but after hitting their website and seeing it looked like a custom app for their company, i didn't explore further.  It's great that it has some functionality!

The HAI sub forum might be a better place to discuss this, as most of the HAI people will be over there.

I was able to restore Haiku using iMazing just now, so this problem appears to be an error in the app store.  iMazing was able to download the purchased app to my computer, then install it on a new phone.

I'm interested if anyone else wants to try.  You can use the free download of iMazing to do this, as it allows transferring a few files for free without buying a license.

I'm really impressed with that app.  Also, this tells me that Haiku install from your purchases will probably start working again.  I have a support request in, but have not heard back yet.

cobra said:
I was able to restore Haiku using iMazing just now, so this problem appears to be an error in the app store.  iMazing was able to download the purchased app to my computer, then install it on a new phone.

Success!! I had tried this app before and had no luck. When I would go to manage apps Haiku wouldn't show up, even when checking under Add from App Store. I just downloaded it again and connected my old iPhone 6. When I went to manage apps Haiku does appear in my Library list and I was able to download it from Apple. Switching back to my iPhone XS I was able to restore the now downloaded ipa. Thanks!!

You are welcome!  It seems to only work with the old phone though.  It can't seem to find the app to download when you use a new phone...  But at least this will work for some.  I think this is still an Apple issue that they will eventually fix.

Thanks for the suggestion to try iMazing.  Took a few tries (had to disconnect and reconnect a couple of times before it was successful).  Am back up and running on Haiku on the new phone.  Although I was able to complete the backup and restore with the free version, I'll purchase the license as it's worth that to me to regain functionality to control the OmniPro II at the house.

Yeah, it's a nice program.  Can backup notes and other things that can be hard to get out of an iPhone.

Back