UPS Dual Battery Pack Replacement CyberPower 1350AVR

pete_c

Guru
This is the beginning of a pictorial relating to changing the batteries on the CyberPower 1350AVR.      

I have a few of these of various capacities purchased at Fry's years ago.  They were clearing shelves and bulk purchased these.      

It's been years now and the CyberPower 1350AVR batteries are dead now and this makes the CyberPower 1350 AVR disfunctional.    

Googling videos here it appears to be only one screw removal and there are two batteries taped together and connected to a pair of terminals. Cyberpower / Amazon sells the battery packs for around $100.  

Here decided to rebuild the battery packs purchasing two batteries a la carte.    

Not in a huge rush here as the device has been disconnected for a few months now. Note that Cyberpower AVR is heavy.  

Be careful.   Turn it on its side and remove screw.        

CyberPower3.jpg

Done for now.  Will do a pictorial of disassembly and reassembly of battery pack which takes a few minutes.

Ordering two Powersonic's with free shipping from Amazon (same price on Ebay) 2 day shipping with Amazon.

Dimensions: (L) 5.95 x (W) 2.56 x (H) 3.86.

Power-Sonic 2 Pack - UB1290 F2 - 12V 9Ah APC SmartUPS 2200 RMI3U SLA Replacement for ~ $44
or
Powersonic PS1270F1 12V 7Ah Replacement Rhino Battery - 2 Pack for ~ $35

The two batteries are interconnected and use a plastic spacer.

1 - remove tape carefully holding the batteries together.
2 - do one battery at a time

To be continued.

Heh, I've got an APC that just started squawking an error, likely battery-related.

Might be time to re-check the various others I've got around the house (on DVRs, mainly).

Yes APCs are easier.  That said APCs will continue to function with dead batteries (other than the beeping stuff).  Have a few APCs around. 

Seeing these on Amazon for $20 to $35 or so each with free shipping.

3rd party vendors on Amazon are charging for shipping.

Seeing even cheaper Power-Sonic pairs on Ebay. Today use Power-Sonic for my OmniPro 2 panels (2X2)

Updated another Cyberpower 1500 UPS with Powersonic batteries which utilize same batteries as the Cyberpower 1350.  There is a sticky clear band of tape to put the two batteries together.  You just have to put the jumper cables in place and then the sticky tape and the two batteries slide in to the UPS.

Here have three NAS boxes (4, 5, 8 drives) and have two UPS's connected to main NAS box (old FreeNAS new Xigma NAS software). Favorite NAS software for years now.

NAS.jpg

Doing an old APC 450 which I use in my office.  This one originally had two 6VDC batteries and switching over to one 12VDC 12Ah battery.    I have another UPS configured with the Leviton 42" panel (with a couple of switches, ISP modem, et al).  

Baby steps here.   

Still need to replace a few more UPS batteries and decided to continue to utilize the Powersonic batteries and Amazon with free shipping. 

I have a Cyberpower UPS that will start beeping soon.

Here never noticed the Cyberpower UPS beeping (in the server room in the basement).  It just shut down which is unique to the Cyberpower UPS.

Back