HAI Console "No Controller Data"

mattbuff5

I'm performing a console self test as described below after troubleshooting a "NO CONTROLLER DATA" error and I believe to ahve isolated the issue to this specific console.  At the point where I am supposed to test the display by pressing the keypad buttons, I get a screen full of question marks as seen in the picture.  Has anybody experienced this issue?

[SIZE=10pt]Disconnect the console from the controller. Connect +12 and GND terminals to a 12-volt source (or a fresh 9-volt transistor battery.) The console beeper will beep twice per second, the LCD backlight and the keypad key will be lit, and the LCD will display "NO CONTROLLER DATA". [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Simultaneously press and hold the 7 and the down arrow ([/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]) keys for approximately 3 seconds. The beeper will beep 5 times, the LCD backlight and keypad backlight will turn off, and the display will clear. The LED at the top right corner of the console will start to cycle through its different colors (red, green, yellow, then turns off). At the end of each cycle the beeper will beep once. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Press any key. The LCD backlight and the keypad key backlight will turn on.
Press the keys in the following order and verify that the appropriate character fills the screen. 0 - 9, *, #, AWAY (A), [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]NIGHT (B), DAY (C), OFF (D),[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt](filled blocks), and[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt](blanks).
If this is successful, the console is good. Simultaneously press and hold the 7 and down arrow ([/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]) keys to exit the self test mode [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]or disconnect power. [/SIZE]

Attachments

• IMG_9183.jpg
    IMG_9183.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 15
Here have never had a keyboard console issue with my OmniPro 2 other than a couple or one LED keypad illuminator lamp quit functioning.

I have had one Omnitouch 3.5" serial screen up chuck and go bad on me. (no controller data).

First you want to validate that the keyboard is fine by removing it from the wall and connecting it with a short cable directly to your panel to see if it is the console that is causing the issue.  short = 2-3 feet.

If this works then you want to check on the wires going from the panel to the wall disconnecting both sides of the wire and using a VOM to make sure that there are no pinches or breaks in the wires.

Thanks pete_c ..

I had already completely isolated that console directly at the panel. And also swapped consoles around that I knew were working and verfied there were no address conflicts.  A quick phone with leviton confirmed all question marks during the self test requires it be sent in for repair, so off it goes.

I am getting the following on my controller>

No Controller Data
I held 7 and down, on it displays the key I press.

Also the Ethernet port stopped connecting.

Ideas?

The panel will not function for setting any actions. I cannot arm or disarm.

It does pass the key test.

Try

1 - remove the battery and transformer power for a few minutes then power it back up.

2 - check the battery level using PCA and check the voltage of the AC adapter

3 - if it doesn't work after this then RMA the board to Leviton for repair / replacement - think they are still doing this.

If status led on controller mainboard is not heartbeat blinking, you need request Leviton RMA for repair.

I tried no power for several minutes, and still No Controller Data

Is the heartbeat lights next to the ethernet connector? If so they blink but ethernet not working.

Attachments

• hai controller.jpg
    hai controller.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 16
Next to the blinking ethernet port LED see a constant on LED on my OP2 and then near the bottom labled phone there are three LEDs.  Middle one is blinking.

Also see traffic blinking LEDs on connected ports (X10, UPB, ZWave and Zigbee)

While you are there hit the white momentary reset button.

Disconnect the ethernet cable and power off and power on the board and see if your console works.

Do you have an Omnistat connected and is it working?

Also check that large capacitor top to see if it is bulging.  I have seen one board capacitor bulge in the last 20 years or so.

BTW

"NO CONTROLLER DATA" 

Means the console is not connected to the panel or the console is having a hardware issue.

The quickie test is to remove the console from wherever it is located.  Disconnect the wires for the console at the panel and connect a short cable from the console to the panel (like a 2-3 foot cable).

BTW a lightning strike would take the panel out if improperly grounded.

First sentence / lines in the OmniPro 2 installation manual write about proper grounding.

I have seen this happen a few times here on the Cocoontech forum with some forum users.

I have removed the board and prior to that the status light is never lighting.
Does this mean the board is not functioning?
I think I need to do a RMA.

Back