PM2.5 Sensor

ano

I have been monitoring my PM2.5 levels in my house, and notice that cooking things increases it off the chart. I guess that isn't surprising.  There are lots of PM2.5 sensors out there, but they seem to be 5V or 12V devices that connect to Arduino boards.  While that may be fine, I'm more so looking for a device that I can embed in a range hood with a relay output that activates at a set level. Ideally it will even run on 120V. I'm looking for easy and reliable, not so much a science project. I have a few PM2.5 sensors, but none have a relay output. 

Thanks.

Thinking they have updated Tasmota firmware for use with a PM2.5 sensor.  You can relay switch 120VAC with the Sonoff WiFI board or the Sonoff SV board (tiny).

The SonOff WiFi device works off of 120VAC and switches a 120VAC relay.  The SonOff SV works on 12VDC and can can switch 120VAC via its relay.

Recently here put a strip of LED lamps under the microwave next to the exhaust fine.  Taking it apart noticed a bunch of empty space there. 

You can also purchase a SonOff SC, upgrade the firmware and have it speak to a relay inside of your range hood via Mosquitto.

• Environmental Monitoring–Monitor current temperature, humidity, light intensity, air quality, and sound levels
  • App Support –Free iOS and Android mobile App eWeLink
  • Trigger Smart Scene –The environmental values work as smart scene trigger conditions to trigger on/off other Sonoff devices
  • Hackable – A great toy to use your customize firmware

pete_c said:
Thinking they have updated Tasmota firmware for use with a PM2.5 sensor.  You can relay switch 120VAC with the Sonoff WiFI board or the Sonoff SV board (tiny).

The SonOff WiFi device works off of 120VAC and switches a 120VAC relay.  The SonOff SV works on 12VDC and can can switch 120VAC via its relay.

Recently here put a strip of LED lamps under the microwave next to the exhaust fine.  Taking it apart noticed a bunch of empty space there. 

You can also purchase a SonOff SC, upgrade the firmware and have it speak to a relay inside of your range hood via Mosquitto.
I bought some of those Sonoff switches. For like $5 they are incredible, but I really haven't quite figured out an application for them yet. I generally try to stay away from WiFi home control things because I don't like all the maintenance of having to change all the passwords if the router password changes. Also I have so many WiFi things now, I worry that adding lots of WiFi switches will be hard to maintain. UPB or Zigbee is less maintenance.

But for the PM2.5 switch I'm looking for a box with 4 terminals and maybe a dial to select the PM2.5 level to trip at. If it needs "firmware" its already more advanced than what I an looking for. I'm sure this must exist, but good luck finding it.

Back